Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Aria FFT: Tryst - 11/20/05 04:14 PM
Wanna do a trailer for Tryst? [Goofy] C'mon, take it as a challenge...

PJ
Ask and ye shall receive! I had an interesting time trying to make this one, and I do so love challenges, hehe smile I do admit this one had me stuck for a considerable amount of time ;P Hope you enjoy!

The song is Antissa, by E.S. Posthumus, one of my favorite groups for making trailers.

Tryst
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FFT: Tryst - 11/20/05 05:24 PM
Wow. clap

Wendy smile
Posted By: Poussin Re: FFT: Tryst - 11/20/05 05:56 PM
Wow. I've never read the story, and the title wasn't appealing to me, so it was on my "to read" list but not in the firsts places.

Now, you really interested me to read it very soon. Thank You for showing me what a great story I was missing, it seems.

If I hadn't say it yet, I do now: I love that trailer, and the music is great.
Posted By: Incognito Re: FFT: Tryst - 11/20/05 07:28 PM
Oh, that was amazing, how you strung those clips together to recreate the essence of the story in visual form. Wow. I couldn't have imagined this, so props to you for your creativity. Truly superb!
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FFT: Tryst - 11/20/05 08:55 PM
Oh, wow, Diane! I love you!

This is sooo cool. *Great* choice of clips, and I loved the "ghosty" scenes... The guys in the forest with guns, with Lois in the car by herself, and then the bomb countdown... you're a genius. Oh, and I'm still laughing about "it's hard to give up the ghost... when she makes such a great partner" goofy Thank you, thank you!

PJ
Posted By: Laurach Re: FFT: Tryst - 11/20/05 11:15 PM
Yeah I want to read it too! This was very mysterious and dark and I can't for the life of me figure out if I've read it before. The title does sound familiar. I may have read it a long time ago, but this video made me want to read it again. Laura
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FFT: Tryst - 11/20/05 11:54 PM
OH. WOW.

WOW. eek

Did I say WOW already??? notworthy

I've lost my vocabulary... If I find it, I'll come back.

Sara thud
Posted By: Simona Re: FFT: Tryst - 11/21/05 09:22 AM
This is fabulous, Diane! thumbsup

simona smile
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FFT: Tryst - 11/22/05 02:45 AM
Diane

WOW! This is absolutely amazing. smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Capes Re: FFT: Tryst - 11/22/05 03:01 PM
Great job with this one! I couldn't fathom how anyone would make a video out of Tryst, but I should have known better.

You captured it perfectly!
Posted By: Nicole S Re: FFT: Tryst - 11/28/05 06:01 PM
Oh wow! That is amazing! Perfect for this story! Ditto what everyone has said, this was imaginative and creative. Good job!

I need to re-read this one now! And I don't have time for that!! goofy

smile NICOLE
Posted By: groobie Re: FFT: Tryst - 11/29/05 10:03 PM
Fabulous trailer! It made me rush over to the archives to read the story, which I loved! thumbsup Susan
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FFT: Tryst - 11/30/05 09:04 AM
Holy COW!!! thumbsup

Blown away!!! thud

James
Posted By: Aria Re: FFT: Tryst - 12/01/05 06:59 PM
Thanks for all the comments folks, they made my week smile Pam, I'm really glad you liked it!!!
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: FFT: Tryst - 12/03/05 10:53 AM
WOW! I was blown away. I don't think I have read the story so watching the trailer was all new for me. It made me so sad! I love the music - great choice.

Off to watch it again.

THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Aria Re: FFT: Tryst - 12/06/05 06:54 PM
Thanks, Roo smile
Posted By: Doranwen Re: FFT: Tryst - 12/11/05 01:33 PM
I have a whole bunch of trailers to watch and leave fdk before this one--but I watched it anyway just 'cause I was curious. And ohhhhh, I fell in love. You make such awesome trailers! The music was perfect--it explored the story, with this theme of melancholy throughout. And the title cards were *great*--I must agree with Pam--love the line about "It's hard to give up the ghost". Well done!!!!!!!
Posted By: Aria Re: FFT: Tryst - 12/14/05 12:25 PM
Thanks Dora smile
Posted By: Doranwen Re: FFT: Tryst - 12/19/05 07:02 PM
/me whispers "Doran". smile
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FFT: Tryst - 05/21/06 12:25 PM
Ooooh, this is such a terrific trailer! Fantastic job!!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile
Posted By: JudeMustard Re: FFT: Tryst - 05/25/06 09:43 PM
I'm glad Anna bumped this to the top, because I wouldn't have seen it otherwise, and wouldn't have read the story.

thumbsup Thanks for pointing me to the story, which I'm loving.

Also, thanks for introducing me to E.S. Posthumus! I'm going to buy their CD. laugh

--Jude
Posted By: Aria Re: FFT: Tryst - 06/30/06 08:35 AM
Thank you so much smile I really appreciate all the feedback -- I know this is an old thread.

sloppy
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards