Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: C_A New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/14/05 02:06 PM
Well. I got my hands on the Sound of Music soundtrack and utter goofiness ensued.

I almost feel like I should apologize for this one.

The Lonely Goatherd .

Lyrics can be found here .

(Music: written by Rodgers & Hammerstein, performed by Julie Andrews et al.)
Posted By: BanAnna Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/14/05 09:17 PM
OMG! This vid is hilarious! No need for any apologies at all, C_A. laugh

I'm a big fan of TSOM so when I saw the title to this thread I just had to see what someone had come up with. I really thought there was no way to make this anything more than a bunch of random clips set to music, but boy was I proven wrong! You did a superb job of selecting clips that went with the song, and I especially loved the little piece of dialogue at the beginning.

Great job, C_A! I can't wait to see more vids from you!!

~Anna
Posted By: Julie S Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/14/05 09:36 PM
Okay, this was awesome. Just... fantastic. I'm a huge fan of The Sound of Music and this was a real treat. smile1

The intro and the play on the SOM intro was just great, and I love how you added that Perry/Jimmy scene! Great way to make the video interesting and really funny, while at the same time nice and waffy. smile

Julie smile
Posted By: shellyem Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/14/05 09:50 PM
I love this video!! So funny. Great job, and very creative! clap
Posted By: Laurach Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/14/05 10:05 PM
All I can say is Yoddle layhe Yoddle layhe Yoddle layhe hoo! smile1 hyper
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/14/05 11:12 PM
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

I *love* that intro!

I am so downloading this! laugh
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/15/05 08:40 AM
OMG, that is *hysterical*! Brilliant, too! I would never have thought that song could make an L&C video, let alone a really WAFFy one...! notworthy

You have to get this up on folcvideo.com, you know...

PJ
Posted By: LoisLaneWannaBe Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/15/05 11:05 AM
WONDERFUL! hyper hyper

This is my favorite musical of all time and this song was perfect! So different and unique! I loved it. The scenes worked really well too! Well done!

O di lay i! laugh

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

PS: I thought it was kind of ironic there was a nun in one of your opening scenes wink
Posted By: Capes Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/15/05 02:10 PM
That was hilarious. When you had "loud was the voice of the lonely goatherd" and Superman screaming at the Pole, I just about died. It only got worse from there.

The intro was just beautiful, and I love the way you ended it as well.

Now, I must go watch again!
Posted By: Wendymr Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/15/05 02:44 PM
What got me was yodel = kiss. thumbsup

Hysterical! laugh

Wendy smile
Posted By: C_A Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/16/05 04:24 AM
Oh wow! This is a nice surprise smile . If this is the kind of response a video like this gets, maybe I should try "My Favorite Things" next... wink

PS: I thought it was kind of ironic there was a nun in one of your opening scenes
That was, of course, completely intentional wink .

Again, thanks everyone. Glad you enjoyed it, because I had tons of fun putting it together.
Posted By: LabRat Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/16/05 06:57 AM
clap

I'll forego saying it was hilarious and WAFFy, since everyone else has got there before me. It was though. laugh

I think my favourite bit was them falling onto the sofa - hilarious 'lyric' match there. But it's hard to choose because it all flowed so smoothly and matched so perfectly.

Amazing! I'm jealous of your inspirational skills!

LabRat smile
Posted By: Psychofurball Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/16/05 07:20 AM
Oh good god!
rotflol
Welcome, C_A to the dark realm of comedy. WOO HOO! I'm glad someone else is stepping over that line. Goood Job! It had me cracking up. *saves it to fave folder*

Rach laugh
Posted By: TriciaW Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/17/05 03:56 AM
CA

WOW! This is hilarious. smile1 I enjoyed it immensely.

Tricia cool
Posted By: Sileas Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/20/05 07:50 PM
i've never tried looking at these before, with my dial-up modem, but i tried to see this one....

couldn't. it wouldn't let me. something about internet exploder blocking me, i said download it anyway, view it, and it looks like it's starting, but then ...ok i just opened it, took about 35 mins with my connection, and it wouldn't play. *sigh*...... hope it was good.... frown
Posted By: LabRat Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/20/05 08:54 PM
Sileas, have you tried dl any of the other videos? The ones uploaded to FoLCVideo , rather than an external upload site? It may just be the site this particular video was uploaded to that you have a problem with.

If you have problems with other vids let us know - someone should be able to help you solve the problem, whatever's causing it. We know guys who know guys. wink Well, gals, mostly. laugh

LabRat smile
Posted By: Doranwen Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/21/05 01:30 PM
I thought it was hilarious! Well, the part of it I could watch. I had the same problem with it that I did with a video-chapter a friend posted to his website. I couldn't jump from one part to another--no control over where I was, other than play, pause, and stop. Then, 2:42 into it, the sound quit. Five seconds later, the whole video stopped. I tried it on Windows Media Player and JetAudio both--same result. frown I'm not sure what causes this quirk, but it is a pain.

However, from what I did see, the video was amusing and inventive. And the dialogue clip at the beginning was just perfect! Great job! laugh
Posted By: ethnica Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/21/05 09:51 PM
I've got DSL and a new computer and I've NEVER been able to see a video set up at one of those "Download here" sites. I don't have any problem with anyone's regular website or the FoLC one, but those "Download here" sites seem to stump both me and my computer. And I've had some people who know people even FoLC people try to help - but they aren't compatible with my setup.

Wah, wah, wah. Sounds like I missed a good one.
Posted By: Wendymr Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/22/05 12:23 PM
That's a real shame, Ethnica - this one really is worth watching. A couple of us in the thread asked C_A to upload the video to the FoLCVideo website, so maybe she will...?

Wendy smile
Posted By: C_A Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/22/05 02:05 PM
That's a real shame, Ethnica - this one really is worth watching. A couple of us in the thread asked C_A to upload the video to the FoLCVideo website, so maybe she will...?
Okay, I give in wink . Here 's the new link.

I also changed three or so clips, which I thought fit better than the ones I had.

Thanks to everyone else commenting on the vid. I am amazed by the feedback this has gotten. Talk about high expectations. Maybe I should just retire from vid making ... wink
Posted By: louiselane Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/22/05 02:48 PM
For some weird coincidence this movie just showed here yesterday smile

Great video, i already watched twice and its so cute, make me grin the entire time. smile
Posted By: Doranwen Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/22/05 10:07 PM
Well, I figured out the problem--I downloaded it again (using a different computer) and it ended up a couple mb larger--and complete. And it was funny! Cracked me up how well it was done.
Posted By: LolaDane Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/23/05 09:14 AM
I only have three words for this video: that was fantastic!!! That's my favorite song in the whole movie! Nice job!

Lola
Posted By: Shadow Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/24/05 11:29 PM
Finally!

LOL. I've been dying to watch this video since the Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies. I just had to wait til I visited the folks for the weekend so I could use a better internet service. That was inspired! Loved every bit of it.

JD
Posted By: ethnica Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/26/05 09:00 PM
Many thanks for making it accessible. thumbsup (well, that and 'Trees' laugh ). I hadn't heard it in years. Thanks for bringing back a fond memory as well as making a Super video. notworthy
Posted By: C_A Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/27/05 08:30 AM
Once again, thank you for the kind feedback. I'm glad that everyone got to see it. smile Given the enormous amount of praise this video received, I'm having trouble coming up with something to follow it up with... <g>
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 08/16/07 04:26 AM
I didn't have anything else to do so I was just looking around the boards for older posts when I found this!!
And I thought FDK is always welcome even two years later, right??

Well, I must say the tittle caught my attention goofy !! I just loved the TSOM when I saw it (It's my best friend favorite movie, so she made me watch it wink ), so I was curious how this would be a LnC clip laugh
And the clip you made to it was so funny (I had to watch it multiple times because I loved it so much) and WAFFy at the same time!!
It just put a smile on my face.
clap
Posted By: Matrix Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 08/16/07 07:13 AM
LOL!!! OMG!!! ROTFLMBO!!!

Camy, thank you for resurrecting this thread! I had missed this song. C_A posted it several months before I was on here.

Boy, am I sorry I missed it! C_A that was a riot. The whole "yodel" speech at the beginning and Perry yodeling as it started - ha ha ha! And then several of the yodelahee "woo-hoos" were in really funny parts. Hee hee hee. Very nicely chosen scenes and wonderfully done. Thanks for a good morning laugh!!!

-- DJ
Posted By: C_A Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 09/05/07 04:34 AM
Goodness! Two years later and this vid is still generating feedback. I must have done something right laugh . Thanks, you two. I really appreciate it.
Posted By: anagram Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 09/05/07 03:27 PM
I only just saw this one...

BWAHAHAHAHHAHA that was hilarious and *sniff* so beautiful as well.

rotflol rotfpmsl
Posted By: LNCroxmysox Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 09/23/07 02:16 PM
I missed this vid the first time around! Very funny. Like others have said, I love the intro, and I also loved how you used the make-out scene from SuperMann. Good work:)
Posted By: carolm Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 10/04/07 12:45 PM
That was wonderful!!!

The beginning was PERFECT!!!!
Carol
Posted By: datchickukindaknow Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 10/12/07 05:41 PM
Im so glad this was bumped up so I could a chance to see it. I just recently discovered the Sound of Music and fell in love with it. I'm loving this video. the scenes fit great how in the world did you manage that.
Posted By: C_A Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 10/24/07 01:04 PM
Once again, thanks so much for all the kind comments. smile

the scenes fit great how in the world did you manage that
I don't know. It's been a long time since I made the video, but I remember that everything kind of just fell into place. Making the vid was definitely a fun experience.
Posted By: woody Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 10/26/07 05:19 PM
This is one of the truly great romantic comedies of all time. Rare is a vid that make you go Awwwww! while lol at the same time.

Excellent, Stupendous, Magniferous...Job.
Posted By: MJ.K Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 10/27/07 07:57 AM
WOO. Wonderful. It's so funny. It matches song with scene thumbsup
Posted By: gr8shadesofElvis Re: New MV: The Lonely Goatherd - 11/08/07 04:26 PM
I have a bone to pick! This video should come with a serious health warning. Ever since I watched it a few months ago, I've had the friggin' song stuck in my head! help

You know how the last thing you hear on the radio in the morning before you go to work is the tune you'll be humming for the rest of the day? Well, if my brain is at any point devoid of such a random song, I automatically, and unconsciously, start singing something else. And at the moment that something else happens to be The lonely goatherd (or occassionally Tomorrow from Annie!) confused .

What the hell is that about?! And the fact that I only know the first line doesn't seem to matter. It's driving me bananas!

I am not amused. razz
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards