Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KSaraSara FFT: In A Dark Time - 06/29/05 02:52 AM
In A Dark Time by Becky Bain is on my list of all time favorite stories. It's a fantasitcally dark and moving story - winner of the 2002 Kerth Award for Best Tearjerker. And with good reason!!

This trailer would *not* have been what it is with out Rach (Psychofurbal)'s help!!! sloppy

In A Dark Time - Trailer

Sara laugh
Posted By: Doranwen Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 06/29/05 02:56 AM
Oh wow!!!!! This is one of the best trailers I've ever seen! It actually brought tears to my eyes--not an easy thing to do. The clips were perfect--loved the way they suggested the attack, and the one where Lois says "No" . . . they really told the story well. The music was amazing too--the first song's chord progression turned a simple minor chord to a sinister sounding one, providing an excellent background for the first part. And the second song was beautifully sad, haunting, telling the melancholy of their struggle to move through the pain. Well done! An excellent tribute to a very moving fic.
Posted By: Dave Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 06/29/05 03:04 AM
Oh wow Sara... you leave for a little while and then you come back with a bang!

A huge bang! (*edit*BANG!)

This trailer is amazing, really, really amazing. It's put 'Read In A Dark Time' onto my list of things to do. (I've actually had to write a list!)

Wow.

The choices of clips was superb.

The Damaged part, was just... wrenching.

Really, just amazing. And, I'd never be able to tell Rachie had a hand in this... what with the beats and all wink

Brilliant.
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 06/29/05 03:34 AM
Sara, I'm gobsmacked! jawdrop

WOW!! WOW!!!!! This is so beautiful, so angsty! I loved the story back when I read it, and you reminded me why I loved it so much and made me want to read it all over again. WOW!!! jawdrop

Kaethel smile (in awe!)
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 06/29/05 01:40 PM
Wow, wow, WOW!! thumbsup

I can see this is a trailer I'll be watching again and again, and will be putting on my alt-Kerth list for next time. Sheer perfection! clap

Wendy smile
Posted By: Laurach Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 06/29/05 02:49 PM
Wow that fit the story beautifully. Great job! Laura
Posted By: Aria Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 06/29/05 03:42 PM
Sara, WOW smile This was excellent! By far your best one yet. I *never* would have thought of using that clip of Clark in the dark in the doorwell that way. Excellent!
Posted By: mmmsquirrel Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 06/29/05 08:53 PM
I saw the response on this trailer and had to see it! Good job. Now only if I really read fanfic. It was wonderful. My favorite was the flashy!

Jen
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 06/30/05 05:29 AM
Sara, WOW! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Elena Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 06/30/05 06:00 PM
Awwww! Sara!! This trailer is just wonderful! smile1

P.S. RealVideo version available here , along with all the other trailers.
Posted By: Julia Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 07/01/05 04:40 PM
Wow, incredible thumbsup , fantastic wave
Posted By: mmprincess Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 07/02/05 10:00 PM
Truly magnificent!!! thumbsup thumbsup Made me read the story one more time.
Posted By: BanAnna Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 07/02/05 10:07 PM
I've never read this story, but after seeing your trailer I definitely want to! The music, clips, and words were just perfect. I can see why the story won Best Tearjerker!

~Anna
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 07/03/05 01:20 AM
WOW! eek Thank you all for your wonderful comments!!!! I'm really blown away by the response to this one!! Thank you all so much!!!

The music I used, if anyone is curious, was the movie score from "Outbreak". I didn't realize at first how perfect it would be for the attack scene. A moment of serendipity, I guess. smile1

Sara laugh
Posted By: LabRat Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 08/02/05 07:16 AM
jawdrop

Wow.

Sara, this was superb! A true and perfect match for Becky's wonderful story. And I'd remembered the angsty part of it, but not the WAFFY bits. Now I think I'll have to go read it again.

From the ominous music at the start, to the original and inventive use of clips, this is a masterpiece.

And how lovely to see vids being made for older, classic stories as well as the more recent ones.

LabRat smile
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 08/02/05 08:39 PM
This was great. I made me afraid and sad. You got some emotion out of me.

I enjoyed how the music flowed. It didn't jerk around and helped tie in the clips used.

Great job and now I'm off to read the fic b/c I don't remember reading that one! Egads!!!!
thumbsup
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 08/02/05 09:01 PM
Excellent job! Add me to the crowd running off to read this!

Perfect mix of video and music, you've outdone yourself!! thumbsup clap clap

~Liz
Posted By: Laurach Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 08/02/05 09:09 PM
Wow beautifully done. I also want to read the story now. Laura
Posted By: Jenni Debb Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 08/05/05 04:57 AM
Hi Sara,

I just had to add my applause to all the others who sent fdk.

This is a beautiful trailer. It brought tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat.

Now, I think I have to go reread the story.

Yours Jenni
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 08/06/05 11:04 PM
Having read the story first when the trailer was introduced, I now see what people are saying; the clips and music really work. Well done, Sara. thumbsup

TEEEEEJ
Posted By: Doranwen Re: FFT: In A Dark Time - 08/07/05 12:41 AM
OK, so I was re-reading things, and was surprised to remember I'd written that this trailer had also brought tears to my eyes (like a certain Irish Sara's latest fic) . . . I forget things too easily.

I'm also really lazy, 'cause then I went into this description on IRC of why the trailer was so powerful . . . and realized I wasn't about to bother to add it to the more permanent thread. So I decided I was going to anyway, in an attempt to change my lazy streak.

So here's why it brought tears to my eyes:
The music was all creepy for half the trailer; you could feel the tension and the awfulness.
And then it turned to sad; you could *feel* the damage that had been done, and the clips you chose only added to it.

And seconding the "Very well done!" One of my favorite trailers of all time. laugh
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards