Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Psychofurball New Video: Ordinary World - 11/23/04 11:49 AM
Hi FoLC's smile1

Rach
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: New Video: Ordinary World - 11/23/04 12:21 PM
That was so sad. Call me a freak, but it was cool seeing Clark just in a sad state. He's soo sexsay. I want to give him a big hug.

I am home sick from work today so since there is no fanfic for me to read. A new video was a sweet surprise.

Great song for the idea. Good title too (the song's title is v.sad in relation to Clark's world.)

I'm going to watch it again.

Thanks smile

Roo
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: New Video: Ordinary World - 11/23/04 01:02 PM
smile1 because she doesn't have to keep this a secret from Paul any longer laugh )
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Re: New Video: Ordinary World - 11/23/04 05:33 PM
My God...

Wife, this is beautiful... Awsome.. oh gosh...

I wish I had seen it before ARGH... (mad at you)

Truly amazing. notworthy

Your Wife.
Posted By: KathyB Re: New Video: Ordinary World - 11/23/04 06:44 PM
Oh my.

I didn't realize there were that many shots of Clark/AltClark looking so sad! You really put together a powerful video. Sniff, sniff.

Very well done; my heart aches for my boy. I'm just glad I gave him a happy ending in my S5/6 fanfic ... makes me want to go reread it. <g>

You're very talented, Rachel.

Kathy
Posted By: HatMan Re: New Video: Ordinary World - 11/24/04 03:25 AM
That was so cool, Rach! Thank you!!

Very clever use of scenes. I would never have thought of using the globe like that, nor of linking the globe image with the NK sphere. Not to mention leaving Krypton as another world. Really cool. Oh, and I love the "old film" effect for memories/fantasies. Nice, very nice. And all without having to resort to H.G. Wells! Impressive. (I was expecting a fair number of portals and stuff, but it works better without.)

I'm going to go watch it again...

Oh, and that bit at the line "still I can't escape the ghost of you..." ... Brilliant.

Oh! Pride. I had no idea what to do with that verse, but you really pulled it off. clap

Then linking the image of the funeral (Mayson's?) with the tombstone... wow.

Thank you, Rach! I know it wasn't easy for you, but I love it! This one's staying on my HDD, right next to Kryptonite (the only other vid I kept, because, after all, it's my music and my sense of humor).

Great job!

Paul
Posted By: mmmsquirrel Re: New Video: Ordinary World - 11/25/04 11:19 PM
woooo i loved this vid!!! but you knew that!! great job!!! heres to better luck in the future! help drool peep
Jen
Posted By: Psychofurball Re: New Video: Ordinary World - 11/26/04 01:52 AM
Thanks for the FDK everyone! Glad you liked it.
Your very welcome paul. And I just hope it was what you wanted.

Rach
Posted By: LNCroxmysox Re: New Video: Ordinary World - 11/26/04 10:49 PM
Wow! I really didn't think this one could be done, but you did it. I know you had to use some clips of "our" Clark, but hey, who cares, it worked. smile

I, too, loved the "ghost of you" thing you did.

Very clever. I can tell you worked really hard on this one! I know I could never have come up with enough scenes for a video for this song. So wow wow wow. clap
Posted By: Wendymr Re: New Video: Ordinary World - 11/27/04 11:50 AM
Very, very nicely done, Rachel! thumbsup Paul's right: this song is perfect for Alt-Clark, and you did a great job of giving us a really angsty video all about him. As others have said, that ghostly image of Lois was just perfect for that 'can't escape the ghost of you' line. It sent shivers through me!

Excellent work! clap

Wendy smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: New Video: Ordinary World - 11/27/04 01:22 PM
Wow. thumbsup Very imaginative and clever use of images, Rachel. I liked the 'ghost' line too!

Wonderful! More, please.

LabRat smile
Posted By: sandrad Re: New Video: Ordinary World - 11/28/04 04:13 PM
whinging

Awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was absolutely heartwrenching! Ingenius opening, the 'ghost Lois' part was perfect, and the film/photo effect was brilliant. Fantastic. One of the best I've seen, honestly. And you used each scene to its fullest too, instead of switching scenes every two seconds. That was really really good, and it had a huge impact on my emotions. WOW! My goodness. Mercy, mercy me. I'm winded, I feel like I've just been hurled into the air. That was SO. GOOOD!!!

Keep it up, keep it coming, keep making us cry!
Mirage:)
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards