Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Julie S New Video: Whisper - 11/20/04 07:39 PM
Thanks to Annette who resized this for me, and to all of my IRC cheerleaders! smile

This is my first video, and I can only hope it can measure up to all the other more experienced movie makers out there.

ReaPlayer

WindowsMediaPlayer

Julie smile
Posted By: Psychofurball Re: New Video: Whisper - 11/20/04 08:00 PM
smile1
Posted By: IsisLnC Re: New Video: Whisper - 11/20/04 08:01 PM
Wow! I think you did pretty darn good! The scenes you picked matched up perfectly with the lyrics!!

So this is why you were asking about kissing scenes on IRC the other night!!! Great job! thumbsup
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: New Video: Whisper - 11/21/04 03:12 AM
drool Thanks for putting mine in! wink

So... when's the next one gonna be done? laugh

Sara
Posted By: mmmsquirrel Re: New Video: Whisper - 11/21/04 05:50 AM
Julie!!

OMG you gave me tingles!! I love love love love love love love love love love that video!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is one of my very favorites. You did an awesome job!!! There better be more coming!! LOL Again Great Job!
Jen
aka
mmmsquirrel
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: New Video: Whisper - 11/21/04 11:10 AM
I think this was just great. I am now able to watch videos after a while. I love Evanescence and the lyrics matched the scenes wonderfully. I cannot remember if there was an opening/closing or not.. hmm. I think in the beginning you had overlapped a bunch of scenes of Lois in trouble - I thought that was totally cool. I'm sure that took a lot of time, thought and hard work.

Rock on!!!

Cheers
Roo
Posted By: Julie S Re: New Video: Whisper - 11/21/04 07:07 PM
Thank you for the wonderful comments!

I think in the beginning you had overlapped a bunch of scenes of Lois in trouble - I thought that was totally cool. I'm sure that took a lot of time, thought and hard work.
I feel like I'm cheating on a test by doing that, somewhat, and I hate to spoil it for you (especially since this is praise for me wink ), but what I did was take some flashbacks from Lois acquiring her memory. smile The whole vid did take some time and work, though. wink

Julie smile
Posted By: Laurach Re: New Video: Whisper - 11/21/04 09:32 PM
Oh I really like those kisses! Laura
Posted By: Laurach Re: New Video: Whisper - 11/21/04 09:32 PM
Hiccuped
Posted By: KathyB Re: New Video: Whisper - 11/23/04 06:34 PM
Oh, Julie, that was excellent. A very haunting song, and you chose the clips to accompany it very well. You really set up the mood nicely. I liked the way you matched the lyrics to the clips (don't try to hide, don't turn out the lights, etc.), and I especially liked the kiss montage at the end. You kept to the beat of the music, but gave us some wonderful images.

Nicely done. I hope we see more vids from you. smile

Kathy
Posted By: Julie S Re: New Video: Whisper - 11/23/04 10:55 PM
Thank you very much, Laura and Kathy! smile

Julie blush
Posted By: Nathalie Re: New Video: Whisper - 11/27/04 01:53 PM
wooow hyper
Great music video, I love evanescene!!!!
Posted By: sandrad Re: New Video: Whisper - 11/28/04 04:01 PM
WOOT WOOT! dance

Fantastic, Julie! And a first vid too! Awesome! I LOVE Evanescence and I love that song! Great job! Loved how it wound down, loved how it brought the two main themes of the show together so well!

Cheers,
Mirage smile
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Re: New Video: Whisper - 01/09/05 09:58 PM
Hi Julie.

Just a quick FDK to let you know i watched it and that i loved the scenes and matching you did.

For a first one, you´re doing them like a professional, keep it up thumbsup

MDL.
Posted By: Kaethel Re: New Video: Whisper - 01/10/05 10:58 PM
Ooooh! Very, very nice, Julie! I can't believe it took me so long to watch this video (but then for some reason I completely missed it when you posted it back in November :p ). Anyway, better late than never. laugh

And what a lovely video! The falling scenes were a great way to start it, and then you created a mood that fits very well with the lyrics and slightly haunting (hey this is Evanescence we're talking about!) atmosphere of the song. Beautiful job! thumbsup

Kaethel smile
Posted By: HatMan Re: New Video: Whisper - 01/11/05 12:20 AM
Just got to watch this. Great vid, Julie! Cool effects, and some pretty imaginative image/lyric matches. Impressive that you found different ones for each run through the chorus. Using the Lex wedding as "Madness" was a great idea, too! Oh, and breaking through the clouds on the "upwards" guitar riff... nice. smile

Good job, Julie! clap

Paul
Posted By: Julie S Re: New Video: Whisper - 01/11/05 03:45 PM
Thank you for the great comments! hyper

Impressive that you found different ones for each run through the chorus.
Oh, Paul, I really appreciate you saying this in particular because in search for different scenes I tore out a lot of my hair. <g>

Julie smile smile smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards