Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: SuperRoo Switching Formats - 05/19/04 09:56 PM
I feel horrible for asking b/c it was most likely asked before and I just can't find it!!!!

I have some avi files. For the life of me I cannot get them to work in my Vegas Video or Windows Movie Maker.

What can I use to change the format?

Nero seems to pop into my head...mind you is that for this or a program to copy vids on to a CD thingy?

Ack. Again, I'm sorry to ask!!! blush blush blush
Posted By: LabRat Re: Switching Formats - 05/20/04 02:53 AM
I feel horrible for asking b/c it was most likely asked before and I just can't find it!!!!
Awwwwwwww, who cares? <g> At most, if it has been asked before, someone will point you to the link for the previous thread.

Unlike a lot of other forums I've been trawling around lately razz , we don't pounce on people for this one. We kind of recognise that people have a life and don't always have time to trawl through dozens of threads before asking a question. <g>

LabRat smile
Posted By: lynnm Re: Switching Formats - 05/20/04 06:04 AM
Hey Roo -

Check out this program. It has a free trial period before you have to buy it, but it'll put a watermark on all of your converted files until you pay and register. I found it on cnet.com, but here's a direct link:

AVS Video Converter

With this program, you can convert any video file format into any other video file format. I've found it works pretty well given the limitations of my PC (which has a DVD drive that quite often goes AWOL). Give me a buzz if you have any questions.

Lynn
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Switching Formats - 05/20/04 09:45 AM
laugh thx thumbsup
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards