Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Trenna For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/08/04 02:41 PM
With Wendy's generous permission, I had to try making one of these myself laugh

So, here are the WMV & RM files for one of my all time favorite fanfics:

For The Greater Good - Windows Media Player Format

For The Greater Good - Real Player Format

by Wendy Richards

and if there is ANYONE out there that hasn't read it, get on over to the Archive!
Posted By: Laurach Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/08/04 03:18 PM
Wow what a great job Trenna I just loved this, it had me in tears. Laura
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/08/04 03:25 PM
Excellent! thumbsup dance
Trenna,

This was beautiful! It sets the mood of the story so well, and it almost brought me to tears just remembering the story. I have to go read it again!

- Laura
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/08/04 04:04 PM
That was beautifully done, Trenna! You should make lots more <g>

But I must confess, given how few of these things there are and that Wendy's got *three* of them already... I'm jealous! wah! whinging wink

PJ
cool
Posted By: Pennyfeather Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/09/04 01:06 AM
Wonderful trailer for a fantastic story, Trenna!! smile1

Ines
Posted By: Saskia Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/09/04 02:42 AM
Wow, Trenna! That was amazing! goofy

So I'd say you're capable of doing this too... any chance for more from you? notworthy

Saskia smile
Posted By: lynnm Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/09/04 06:35 AM
Wonderful, Trenna. Such perfect images to convey the poignancy of this story. You've really managed to capture the mood and envoke all of those same feelings I had when reading the story.

Thanks so much for sharing your gift,
Lynn
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/09/04 06:43 AM
One of my absolute very, very, very favorite all time fics, ever...just ripped out my heart, and then Wendy proceeded to stomp on it for page after page and after horribly wonderful page!

And Trenna, you caught that so well. And you used theTitanic theme (which, I should mention, just rips out my heart, stomps it utterly for note after...but I'm repeating myself.) And that was perfect.

Oh man. I have to go lie down now.

CC
Posted By: Wendymr Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/09/04 06:47 AM
You already know how much I love this, Trenna, and how immensely grateful I am to you for making it, but... I'll say it again. laugh Thank you so much! I was bowled over when you wrote telling me that you wanted to make a trailer for the story. And then the finished product... well, it brought a tear to my eye. More than once! smile1
Posted By: Pelican Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/09/04 11:20 AM
<lol> Well, welcome to TARCE (Trailer Addicts Recovery Co-dependent E-group) With three of us on board now, we can help each other from the all too many nightmares, voices whispering in our heads: THIS IS HOW YOU SHOULD DO IT! and help each other fall asleep in our own bed, instead of the chair in front of the computer..heck, even the floor. If we stay strong, we just *might* be able to convince ourselves that we *do* have time to feed the kids as well! smile1

Pelican smile
Posted By: Julia Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/09/04 03:35 PM
Trenna, that was awesome!!! notworthy
Posted By: RetroRose Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/10/04 07:53 AM
OMG smile1 )
Posted By: LabRat Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/10/04 11:59 AM
Beautifully presented, Trenna - I love the style you've used with the writing. clap clap

And thank you for making a RP version with me in mind. That was sweet of you! sloppy

More!

LabRat smile (who reminds all trailers makers there are still 2,000+ stories on the Archive to get through... laugh )
Posted By: TriciaW Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/11/04 12:38 AM
Trenna

WOW! This is excellent. smile1

Tricia cool
Great, Trenna!

It's good to see there are more people getting into the trailer business. We keep getting new aspects.

Your style is excellent! Congratulations!

Hope to see more from you soon smile
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Jess Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/11/04 04:21 PM
This was Amazing Trenna! whinging
Posted By: Trenna Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/11/04 06:11 PM
WOW, everyone...I'm so glad you liked it blush I must admit to trepidation at using Titanic music as people either love it or are very tired of it wink but it seemed to fit so well the sadness of FTGG.

Jess...I'm thrilled to have inspired you to read this great story...you won't be disappointed!

Laurach, Laura, AnKS, Ines, Saskia, CC, Julia, thank you for your comments. I'm glad it had the effect I was looking for, CC laugh

Pam and Lab, I don't know if we'll get around to all 2000+ but in the back of my head I'm looking for a sugary,spicy song and trying to figure out how to make Lois' screen image turn ghostlike wink

Wendy, thanks for the inspiration and don't feel bad about having so many trailers as I'm sure we are way behind if we work on percentages to fanfics. wink

Lynn and Pelican, TARCE sounds nice. This was much more complicated than a music video. Let's head off to the "HOW To..s" section to share some secrets thumbsup
I appreciate your comments because I've been blown away watching trailers from both of you...the effects are quite amazing!
Posted By: Julie S Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/11/04 06:28 PM
Trenna, it's amazing! Even the use of the Titanic song doesn't look overused )like I would normally say it was) or anything, it's just right!

who reminds all trailers makers there are still 2,000+ stories on the Archive to get through
Not really... I mean, you're not going to make trailers for vignettes that are about 15kb in size, are you? So there's really no excuse for the trailer makers, now that we have three and only about a thousand stories to write trailers to. If you make one per day you could be done in about a year. wink

Julie
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/12/04 06:22 AM
Pam and Lab, I don't know if we'll get around to all 2000+ but in the back of my head I'm looking for a sugary,spicy song and trying to figure out how to make Lois' screen image turn ghostlike
lol and yay! smile

Oh, and I'm glad to see FARCE now has a sister group! goofy If TARCE will accept trailer-viewers as well as trailer-makers, I think there'll be a large overlap between them wink

PJ
as a side-note to Pel: Not only are you stealing all my favorite songs, but your two special dates are special for me, too -- April 9th's my birthday and Oct 7th's my mom's! goofy This is getting spooky!
Posted By: LabRat Re: For The Greater Good Fanfic Trailer - 03/12/04 07:22 AM
Pam and Lab, I don't know if we'll get around to all 2000+ but in the back of my head I'm looking for a sugary,spicy song and trying to figure out how to make Lois' screen image turn ghostlike
ROTFL! Well...it's a start. <g>

Impatient and demanding? Moi? Surely not?

LabRat smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards