Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Elena New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/04/03 04:20 PM
Pel did it again!!! smile1
Posted By: malu Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/04/03 04:31 PM
Wonderful once again, Pel! thumbsup dance party

And do I sense a touch of "Dawson's Creek" in this trailer? ' laugh

malu
Posted By: Wendymr Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/04/03 04:31 PM
First, I want to say just how immensely flattered I am, Pel! The fact that you wanted to make a trailer for one of my stories really, really makes me feel very good indeed. Thank you so much! You are terrific! goofy )
Posted By: Karen Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/04/03 04:41 PM
Just three words sums it all up:

Oh. My. Goodness.

and

That is great! A perfect summation with the perfect scenes. This is awesome! Great job! notworthy
Posted By: Jana Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/04/03 04:53 PM
Another great trailer, Pel! Quit your day job already and make these full time! laugh

Jana (who had been yelling at her server for going down when she knew another trailer would be up soon)
Posted By: AnnieM Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/04/03 05:10 PM
I haven't had a chance to post feedback for the Masques trailer, so I'm just going to rave about both here. I seriously think I'm too stunned to say anything remotely coherent, but these are the coolest thing I've ever seen. I mean, really. The concept in general is awesome, but the execution is what really astounds me. They look completely professional. You have a real talent. The clips you chose are fantastic. And I LOVE the text you wrote to go with them. And the music fits both so well.... Okay, basically I love everything about both of them. So cool. Please, please make more.

Annie
Posted By: LCfan1978 Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/04/03 05:18 PM
Simply Awesome...I love the concept of the trailers, and boy do you have a plethera of stories to choose from. Keep them coming!!!!
grumble
Posted By: LCfan1978 Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/04/03 05:22 PM
Disregard the little graemlin dude above...i didn't mean to put him there? How do you add those guys anyways?
Posted By: KathyM Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/04/03 05:27 PM
Pel - absolutely awesome, once again! Another incredible job. goofy

Kathy
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/04/03 05:32 PM
Pel, this one's amazing... the music, the text, the clips... they work together *so* WELL! I'm gonna go watch that a few more times... that is just so cool.

And Wendy, I'm terribly terribly envious of you <g>

LCFan, you can add the little gremlin guys by clicking on them, underneath the window you write posts in. Or if you know the code, you can just type that in.

You can also edit your post to fix any boo-boos that pop up <g> Just click on the little icon of pencil & paper at the top of your post... make whatever changes you want, then hit the button to "edit post."

PJ
Posted By: lynnm Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/04/03 07:50 PM
Pel - Wow!

OK, you're hired. Full time. Send us all your rates and we'll be lined up at the door.

And like I said on IRC, I think it would be a great big humongous but incredibly fantastic project for you to make these for Kerth nominees!!!

Way to go - I look forward to any more you make in the future.

Lynn

PS - What video editing software do you use? I've always wanted to try to do videos but have always been scared of them.
Posted By: Shadow Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/04/03 08:04 PM
Ahhh, that rocked! It makes me want to run to a chair with my computer right now and re-read Faux Pas! Fabulous job again!

JD
Posted By: Julie S Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/04/03 09:26 PM
Oooh, not a horror one this time. And one I've actually read (sorry Labby, Masques is on my list, I'm working on it blush ). Anyway, this is too cool for words. It looks totally like something I would run to the movies for. The clips, dialogue segments, text, music. You have to make more! smile1

Julie smile
Posted By: Kaethel Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/05/03 03:49 AM
Oh wow, Pel! Another fantastic one. And what's even more stunning is that you managed to make those two trailers look very different from one another. They also very much reflect the spirit of the stories you chose, thanks to the music, the scenes you show and the lines you wrote in-between, so wow wow wow and WOW again! notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

More!!

Kaethel smile (who figures that, just like with fanfic, nagging applies to Pel's trailers)
Posted By: hopeless chocoholic Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/05/03 04:38 AM
WOW! These are incredible!

HC
Posted By: daneel Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/05/03 07:12 AM
Wow!!! Pel!!! hyper

Jose wave
Posted By: LabRat Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/05/03 07:56 AM
Another trailer! Another trailer! hyper

And... notworthy notworthy notworthy

I'm stunned and awed, Pel. To echo others, the idea is so clever and inventive to start with. But beyond that, the way you match words and pictures and blend them all into a wonderful representation of the fanfic - absolutely superb!

More! More!

LabRat (opening a new folder labelled Pel's Trailers and eagerly waiting for more to fill it with... )
Posted By: Trenna Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/05/03 08:49 AM
Wow, Pel...I'm Totally impressed! clap

Encore, Encore!
Posted By: Laurach Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/05/03 09:22 AM
Holy Cow that was even better then the last one. Fantastic! Pel you are one quick learner! Laura
Posted By: Saskia Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/05/03 12:54 PM
I'm just chiming in with the others here. This is so absolutely, completely, truly fantastic! And you do an excellent job. Wonderful music, good images, nice captions... *happy sigh* another talent to folcdom.

I hope you continue to give us a lot more of these. jump

Saskia (trying to think of a way to include this in the Alt Kerths one day smile )
Posted By: LabRat Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/06/03 07:04 AM
LOL, easy one, Sas. All you need is a new category: Favourite Pelican Fanfic Trailer. <g>

That is, unless some other talented FoLCs want to pick up the idea and run with it too. After all, Pel can't get through all 2,000+ stories on the Archive all by herself. goofy

Can she?

LabRat smile
Posted By: Sarah-Jayne Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/06/03 07:28 AM
Ok Pelican, go immediately to Hollywood! These were fantastic! Even my boyfriend who has no interest in Lois and Clark whatsoever (well except for Teri Hatcher! :rolleyes: ) thought they were great, even after I dragged him in from the other room because I was going totally crazy over them! thumbsup

Sarah-Jayne smile
Posted By: Pelican Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/08/03 02:05 PM
Holy cow... jawdrop

Well, this is certainly a lot more than what I thought it would be. I was really, really, *really* nervous about releasing this trailer, considering the fact that people "knew" about it in advance - then there are expectations. <g> And of course, when the *author* knew about this one before she got to see it...seriously, I was so nervous I had problems breathing normally.

So, Wendy, *thank you* for letting me use your story as to make a trailer for. It was *so* much fun making it, you have no idea smile

So... thank you so much, Elena, Malu, Wendy, Karen, Jana, Annie, LCFan, Kathy, Pam, Lynn and <GASP> Jen, Julie, Kaethel, HC, Jose, LabRat, Trenna, Laura, Saskia and Sarah - and everyone else who took the time to watch the trailer! smile

And if you guys still want to see more trailers, it won't be too long till another one comes up.

Pelican smile
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/08/03 02:26 PM
And if you guys still want to see more trailers, it won't be too long till another one comes up.
If?? What do you mean, *if*?? <g> We want you to pump them out as quick as possible <g>

PJ
Posted By: YConnell Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/08/03 02:54 PM
Brilliant, Pel. You've got an incredible talent for these things. smile smile smile

Yvonne
Posted By: LabRat Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/08/03 04:32 PM
Definitely, what Pam said. smile1

LabRat smile
Posted By: Mister Data Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/09/03 10:19 AM
WOW...
Posted By: Julia Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/19/03 03:56 PM
This is FANTASTIC!!!! notworthy

I keep watching it again and again.

I haven't read "Faux Pas" yet, but I will.

BTW, I just love that song! Do you think you can tell me which song it is? sloppy

Please...

Julia
Posted By: Pelican Re: New fanfic trailer!!!! - 12/19/03 05:22 PM
I'm really glad you liked it, Julia! smile

And the song is by Michelle Branch, called "Are You Happy Now".

Pelican smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards