Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: amberlea 2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time Poll - 04/11/16 09:36 PM
Hi everyone!

Since there is no time of day that will suit everyone in every time zone, I wanted to find out if there is a time of day that is more suitable to the greatest number of FoLCs. Please let me know what time of day will work best for you! All times are Central DST, or UTC-5. You may choose more than one time.

The Kerth Ceremony will be held on Saturday, April 23.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: 2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time Poll - 04/11/16 10:39 PM
Central time zone is 2 hours later than PST (West Coast USA) and 1 hour before EST (Eastern USA). Basically, Illinois through Texas. It's also Saskatchewan/Manitoba in Canada and Eastern Mexico / most of Central America. South America, apparently you don't have Daylight Savings (can we envy you?), so Columbia and Peru currently have the same time zone as CMT. (Please correct me, if I'm wrong as half maps said you were also the same as EST.)
Um, what's that in English money? No reference to GMT there. Eek. I'm guessing the UTC was the same thing as GMT?

Unfortunately only the 4pm will be suitable for me, otherwise I will be asleep in my chair.
Yup, KatherineKent, UTC and GMT are the same thing. So if you're on GMT/UTC then Central time is 5 hours behind you.

Time zones confuse the heck out of me lol. I ended up googling "what time is it in central time right now"
Posted By: LMA Re: 2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time Poll - 04/12/16 01:43 AM
Great idea to poll times notworthy ...

Congrats, again, everyone!
Laura
8pm or 10pm Central works best for me - they're the only times when my little twinadoes will be in bed, freeing me up to be online.

Love the poll, BTW! smile
Any of the times suit me... For once being on the opposite side of the world works to my advantage! It'll be morning here smile

Excellent idea, voting on the times.

Feli
Posted By: Morgana Re: 2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time Poll - 04/13/16 10:40 AM
Deadly Chakram and I are on the same schedule! If IRC doesn't kick me out that is! help
Posted By: amberlea Re: 2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time Poll - 04/13/16 06:19 PM
I'm glad everyone appreciates the poll! It'll be open until this weekend, and I'll post the final time after that.

Thanks!
Amber smile
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: 2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time Poll - 04/15/16 04:17 PM
There are only 14 votes cast so far. I know that I voted for two different time slots that would work for me, so at most 13 people have voted thus far. And since I am probably not alone in having voted for more than one time slot, there are probably even fewer voters. Are some people refraining from voting because none of the slots would work? Or are there really so few people who care about when the ceremony is held?

The active (i.e., posting) population has dwindled here considerably over the past couple of years -- or so it seems to me, anyway -- but the paucity of responses to this poll really saddens me.

- Lynn
Posted By: groobie Re: 2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time Poll - 04/15/16 05:20 PM
I didn't vote because any of the times will work for me. My greater issue is getting onto IRC - I haven't been able to figure it out before. I'll try again though. smile
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: 2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time Poll - 04/15/16 11:43 PM
Hi Susan,

Thanks for cheering me up a bit with your reply. I hope you have a *lot* of company in your reason for not voting.

Good luck with the IRC. I'm going to have to refresh my memory, as well. The only time I ever use it is for the Kerth ceremonies.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Annie B. Re: 2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time Poll - 04/16/16 03:52 AM
I haven't voted because I'll be away from the Internet that whole afternoon and evening.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: 2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time Poll - 04/16/16 05:08 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Good luck with the IRC. I'm going to have to refresh my memory, as well. The only time I ever use it is for the Kerth ceremonies.
Me, too. A refresher course for us non-regular IRC users would probably be a good idea (especially since I think I missed last year). I know that there's not only a specific room(s) to go to but also a specific channel or route or something (the jargon fails me) to get to that room. The first time I tried, I ended up being in a room by myself because I was on the wrong channel or frequency. So, every year I know it's hit or miss whether I'll find the right path to the right room. lol
If it would help, I can write a brief 'how-to' for IRC
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: 2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time Poll - 04/16/16 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
If it would help, I can write a brief 'how-to' for IRC
Thank you! smile

Personally, I did choose the earlier two times as the evenings are my time with my family. Also, I thought it would be easier for our friends/members in Europe to participate more than if it were in the middle of the night for them.
Okay, I'll get on it and try to have it posted later today smile
Okay, I've posted a link to the how-to (it's a google doc) in the How-To's forum smile Sorry it took an extra day, I got caught up in uni stuff
Just thinking, I may be able to make the 6pm Central Time. I'll have my husband keep the kids occupied and maybe just keep them up until the Kerths are over. It might even help them go to sleep faster since they should be tired from running around.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: 2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time Poll - 04/19/16 05:32 AM
Did we ever get a final ruling on what time the ceremony would start?
Not that I've seen, Virginia
Do we have a time yet?
I haven't heard/seen anything yet. Been wondering myself, actually.
Posted By: Morgana Re: 2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time Poll - 04/22/16 11:18 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I voted for the times, but have only been able to attend Kerth ceremonies once. Since then, getting onto the IRC has been difficult.
Posted By: amberlea Re: 2016 Kerth Ceremony Start Time Poll - 04/22/16 03:28 PM
Hi all!

I'm so sorry for the delay in posting the start time. Real life ate my lunch this week.

Based on the poll and all of the lovely feedback here, we'll begin at 6 p.m. Central on Saturday. party

Thanks so much to NostalgiaKick for the IRC tutorial!

See you Saturday!

Amber smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards