Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KatherineKent T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/19/14 04:02 PM
It's finally here.

The last set of polls.

No 1. Choose your favourite colours. (Up to 5, but you don't have to choose 5 if you don't like 5 colours)

[Linked Image]

White
Ash
Sand
Light Steel
Smoke Grey
Black
Pale Pink
Deep Red
Maroon
Purple
Light Blue
Denim Blue
Deep Royal
Navy
Orange
Gold
Yellow
Lime
Deep Forest

No 2. Choose your favourite t-shirt styles.
(Choose up to 3 please)
Note: Not all above colours are available for some of the alternative t-shirts. See the colour palette down the side of the picture

[Linked Image]

Basic Tee
Long Sleeved
Women's
V-neck
Hoodie
Tank Top

Go for it!!!!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/19/14 04:07 PM
A couple of comments: Although I, personally, would like a women's shirt, I didn't vote for it because if we only get one style of shirt, I don't want half the population to be excluded. Also, when you decide what style(s) of shirt you wish to vote for, note that not all colors are available in all styles.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/19/14 05:24 PM
I agree with Lynn. If all the shirts have to be the same, it's better to pick colors and styles more people are apt to wear. I know if an orange tank top or hoodie is chosen, no matter how much I want to buy the shirt, I'd more likely give the money directly to the boards than buy that, because I know I'd never wear it. Something that would appeal to a unisex crowd is the best way to go. Also, keep in mind that the styles that aren't the basic t-shirt are usually more expensive.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/19/14 06:04 PM
I agree with Lynn. I would love a women's shirt, but ultimately voted against it due to the fact that there ARE a number of men who post here.

Also, I like the lighter colors for the shirt because the design gets lost in the darker ones. I chuckled over a "light steel" shirt for a board about the Man of Steel, btw.
Posted By: LMA Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/19/14 07:19 PM
In agreement also...it's more universal to go with a 'basic tee' type style--and the lighter colors really do tend to make the design more visible.

Lookin' good! clap
Laura
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/19/14 07:39 PM
Sorry, should have been a bit clearer. There is a possibility that we can ADD extra options (colours and styles), not to say that there won't be a basic tee available ... that will probably be the BASIS for the whole fundraiser, but if these extra options are available then the extra choices people make will help determine what these extra choices can be.
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/22/14 12:51 PM
Okay. I did a test of multiple choices and this is what I got.

[Linked Image]

In the above example I set the minimum order as 50 and then chose the basic tee in the current top three colours. I then also added a women's in one of those colours, and v-neck in another and a hoodie in the third. There's still room for FOUR more choices.

It seems like the minimum 50 then become a combination of all of them. The profit can then vary depending if more or less sales are on an item with a smaller or larger profit.

Hope that makes sense.

As there are 10 choices all together (original plus 9 extras) I would suggest ...

Top three colours in top 3 t-shirt styles, plus 1 hoodie.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/22/14 01:06 PM
Is there a gender-neutral V-neck shirt available? If so, I would suggest that as one of the options.

Thanks again for doing all of this research, KK.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/22/14 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Is there a gender-neutral V-neck shirt available? If so, I would suggest that as one of the options.

Yes, there are three different v-neck styles. Two are women's and one is unisex. In the above poll I will take a vote for v-neck to mean the unisex version.
Posted By: LMA Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/23/14 05:54 AM
Originally when voting, I only voted for 'basic tee'--can I add two votes for other styles?

If not too late (and if it's okay to do now), how about the 'universal v-neck' and 'women's tee' for me...thanks!

Hmmm...

If there are different options for a 'type of shirt'/'color of shirt', might have to get more than one grovel clap

Laura
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/29/14 08:45 PM
Voting ends tomorrow.

This is the last chance to make any choices!!!

And I need to know who to e-mail the detailed picture file to.
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/29/14 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
And I need to know who to e-mail the detailed picture file to.

That'd be me!

Let's all give KK and her hubby a HUGE round of applause for taking the time to get this organized and designed for us!! party clap notworthy
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/29/14 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
Let's all give KK and her hubby a HUGE round of applause for taking the time to get this organized and designed for us!! party clap notworthy
Hear, hear! clap clap clap

My thanks to both of you (KK and husband) for all your hours creating possible shirt designs, writing polls, researching the possible options, etc.

I am definitely looking forward to getting a shirt; they are going to look awesome. smile

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/30/14 12:56 AM
Thank you, KK and hubby for all of your awesome hard work on this! Can't wait to get a shirt. (Hell, I'd buy my daughters each a onesie if it was an option!)
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 06/30/14 06:24 AM
/Popping in to agree that/

notworthy KK is AWESOME! Or just darn Super. wink peep

/ducking back out again/
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 07/01/14 05:19 PM
Winning colours ...

Light Steel
Deep Red
Deep Royal

Winning t-shirts ...

Basic Tee
V-neck
Womens

I've done a mockup putting all these together and using up all 10 choices. There isn't a colour in the women's t-shirt that is close to blue, so I kept it at grey and red. Instead I put 2 hoodies in grey and blue.

[Linked Image]

At the moment I think this is actually too many choices and looks messy, but maybe it won't look so messy when someone is purchasing. *shrug*

Please give comments asap. I'm sending on the file tonight!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 07/01/14 05:30 PM
Looks good to me.

Thanks again, Victoria.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 07/01/14 06:58 PM
Looks perfect, as far as I can see. smile Thanks again!
Posted By: Morgana Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 07/02/14 09:56 AM
Wonderful design!

So true to life, that could be my desk!
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 07/03/14 04:36 AM
OK, FoLCs! Buy, buy, buy!!

Get your t-shirt or hoodie here!

The goal is set for 50 shirts, so we NEED to sell at least 50 or the whole campaign is a bust. (At which point, we could try again and set a lower goal.)

You have until July 23rd to place your reservation. I picked the longest deadline so that we have a better chance at reaching our goal and so that everyone can have time to make a little wiggle room in their budgets.

Due the nature of the campaign, shirts won't be shipped until after it ends. It'll be worth the wait, though!

If you have any more questions about how the campaign works, what shipping costs are, etc., please check out the FAQ over at teespring.

A HUGE, HUGE thanks to Katherine Kent and her husband for all the hard work designing and polling and organizing all the details of this campaign! party clap

Sara smile
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 07/03/14 06:06 AM
The problem is... I now can't decide what style and colour I want. frown
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 07/03/14 07:44 AM
I'll order mine tomorrow! Now, though, I'm going to crash. I'm getting blue. jump Once more, this is so awesome, KK! Thanks for all of your hard work and your husband's terrific designs. notworthy

This t-shirt is less expensive than I earmarked. Can we still donate more money to straight to the site, Sara? The link is still there, but the thermometer isn't giving a current total.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 07/03/14 11:37 AM
I've just made my purchase. I decided to go with the V-neck in the "true royal" blue. As a note: It is not one of the colours listed above; the poll included a "deep royal" which I thought was too dark a background for the black text and image. I'm delighted that the blue actually offered for the V-neck was a bit lighter than the one shown here. Blue is definitely my colour.

Four shirts bought so far, at least 46 more to go...

Who's next?

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 07/03/14 03:01 PM
Virginia - yes, you can! The thermometer has to be manually updated, and it doesn't always seem to show up graphically for me in Firefox. But Kathy B is still manning the PayPal account, so donate away! smile

Lynn - the colors didn't seem to have names when I was setting up the campaign, so I did my best by eyeballing what KK had on that final screenshot. I'm
Glad it all worked out for the best!

I got myself the light steel v-neck! smile1

Sara smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 07/03/14 04:52 PM
Trying very hard to decide what I want...V-neck? Hoodie? Both?
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 07/03/14 08:55 PM
Finally decided. I went with basic tee in royal blue. My hubby wanted basic tee in red.

Can't wait for them to arrive.
Posted By: LMA Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 07/07/14 06:11 PM
Oh, wow! Awesome! Sorry I've been out of the discussion a bit (family trip to Disney World at the end of June, followed by some wonderful family news...my husband got a new job and we get to move back 'home' to the same area as where I grew up--YES!!!!! smile --in the next few months) but wanted to add a late 'THANK YOU!!!!!' to KK and her hubby for all the work, all the time, and all the creativity to get the t-shirt fundraiser going. They turned out perfect.

I'll be buying a couple in the next day or two--not at all sure what color/style to go with though...need to think about it.

Can-Not-Wait! smile
Laura
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 07/11/14 12:17 AM
Um... so, what happens if we don't sell another 32 in the next 13 days? shock
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: T-shirt FINAL POLL - 07/11/14 04:47 AM
Virginia, we're allowed to ask for ONE extension... I think. But we'd better get buying just in case! Remember you won't get charged until the campaign ends!

Sara smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards