Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KatherineKent T-shirt design No 1 - 04/27/14 09:09 PM
Disclaimer: If the polls come out funny ... I only just got used to the last version, and now it's all changed!!!!!

So design No 1 came out on top in the previous poll.

Please vote on further ideas.

Q1. Handwriting fonts.

Choose 3 you like. The top three will then be used in proper mockups for you to see with the picture.

[Linked Image]

Q2. Picture ideas.

Choose 3. Again you will then see the top 3 in mockups.

Some of the options might seem odd, but they are trying to convey how much 'fanfic' can take up time, or how great it is to sit, rest and read fanfic. Also, options with many items in actually may not end up with ALL in the picture once we complete the design. Eg, the Pen, Pencil, Pad and Eraser, could end up being just a Pencil, Pad and Eraser.

Please don't be afraid to choose 'Other' and list ideas. PLEASE.

Posted By: VirginiaR Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 04/27/14 10:17 PM
Although I didn't choose "other", I'd rather see a full computer (with monitor) than just a keyboard.
Posted By: LabRat Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 04/28/14 01:15 PM
Ooooh, like how the new poll format works. Pretty cool!

LabRat smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 04/28/14 03:58 PM
I voted other. I like the typewriter idea, but a full computer with keyboard would be more appropriate.
Posted By: LMA Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 04/28/14 09:15 PM
Good points about having a full computer (with the keyboard)...

Love the new poll set-up dance
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 04/28/14 09:32 PM
Okay. A vote for the computer keyboard will also lead to options being created with Computer+keyboard. Same goes for any option, there will be variations ...
Posted By: chelo Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 04/29/14 11:00 AM
I imagine a laptop (or tablet, I pad...) displaying a screenshot of the boards or the LnC logo
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 05/06/14 05:00 AM
Bump. laugh How's this going?

Sara smile
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 05/06/14 06:32 AM
Coincidentally enough I spent last night working on ideas and then wondering how to post and how to poll them. I'm at work now and then out at college tonight, but I may get chance to finalise the next stage after college *fingers crossed*

Posted By: KatherineKent Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 05/06/14 09:40 PM
Okay I'm ready to do the next poll, but it won't give me poll options. It only creates a standard post.

I've been to the Fun With Polls forum and clicked on New topic but there is nowhere for adding any polls. I thought, maybe, I needed to submit the topic and it would then move on a step (not that I remember this from last week ... but it was the only thing I could think of). I submitted and it created a new thread .. no poll. I've deleted it for the moment.

Am I missing something? It's quite possible ... I'm tired and it's 10:40pm.
Posted By: Wendymr Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 05/07/14 02:16 AM
Under the text entry box, click on the Poll Manager hyperlink. It's fairly straightforward from there smile
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 05/07/14 02:36 AM
Hope you get it figured out without too much trouble. smile Thanks so much for all your work on this! smile
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 05/07/14 12:31 PM
It's not there. The moment you described where it was I remembered from last weeks poll. I can see it in my mind ... but there's no link, or the words Poll Manager, showing up at all now.

I'm at work, if I was at home I'd take a screenshot then post it ... if it's still like this when I get home I will and then I'll ticket it.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 05/07/14 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
It's not there. The moment you described where it was I remembered from last weeks poll. I can see it in my mind ... but there's no link, or the words Poll Manager, showing up at all now.

I'm at work, if I was at home I'd take a screenshot then post it ... if it's still like this when I get home I will and then I'll ticket it.
Are you logged in at work, or just browsing as a non-member (or a non-logged in member)? I'm logged off every time I close out of the internet and I sometimes forget to log back in until I realize the reply windows have disappeared and, then, I [Linked Image] and say 'duh!' I'm so used to be logged in automatically every time I come here, as I was with the old boards. Good Luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your new designs. smile1
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 05/07/14 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Are you logged in at work, or just browsing as a non-member (or a non-logged in member)?

Definitely logged in at work. I'm now at home and this is what I'm getting.

[Linked Image]

Gonna put this in the issues thread and ticket it.
Posted By: Wendymr Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 05/08/14 12:53 AM
Try it again now. I just went into the control panel and checked poll settings, and noticed that for some reason users (as opposed to moderators and admins) did not have permission to post polls. That's definitely not what the setting should be, nor what it was before.

Could someone who is not a mod or admin open a new topic in this form and see if the Poll Manager is there now? Thanks!

Wendy smile
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 05/08/14 12:57 AM
If it is there, Wendy, I don't see it. After I started a new topic, I looked under the text entry box for a Poll Manager link, but did not see one. I even checked above the text entry box, just for good measure. Nada. frown

Sorry,
Lynn

p.s., I just tried again and now I can see it. smile1
Posted By: Wendymr Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 05/08/14 12:59 AM
Thanks very much, Lynn. Would you mind trying again now? I discovered that the same setting - permissions for users to create polls - exists in two separate places in the control panel.

Wendy smile (I think I need a graemlin holding a screwdriver goofy )

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
If it is there, Wendy, I don't see it. After I started a new topic, I looked under the text entry box for a Poll Manager link, but did not see one. I even checked above the text entry box, just for good measure. Nada. frown

Sorry,
Lynn
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: T-shirt design No 1 - 05/08/14 01:00 AM
I think I added a p.s. to my earlier post even while you were typing your reply. Your sonic screwdriver worked this time. smile

Joy,
Lynn
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards