Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Marcus Rowland The Next Generation? - 12/19/06 03:54 PM
It's coming up to ten years since the season 4 finale. If the networks finally decided that it was time for a new Lois and Clark show, what form would you prefer it to take?
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: The Next Generation? - 12/19/06 04:04 PM
Although I do have an ever-so-slight preference for seeing Lois' and Clark's children, I would like any continuation. So, I chose the last option.
Posted By: groobie Re: The Next Generation? - 12/19/06 10:35 PM
I'd go with "None of the above" if I had the choice. I almost always dislike next generation stories and remakes of shows that I loved . I prefer to continue playing in the L&C universe through fanfiction...we've often created better stories than the paid writers anyway! laugh
Posted By: Classicalla Re: The Next Generation? - 12/20/06 07:10 AM
Well, I love next gen stories... If you mean by next gen a show where Lois and Clark have kids that would be okay on TV... If mean next gen as in no Lois and Clark, I don't think that would go over well on TV. I would certainly like to see what happened after Family Hour though...
Posted By: Xcully Re: The Next Generation? - 12/20/06 08:04 AM
I prefer the same stars with their older charachter! L&C was perfect for me with those actors!
Posted By: mmouse Re: The Next Generation? - 12/20/06 09:06 PM
Interesting question, Marcus.

I chose Next Gen because I can't honestly see the original actors back again - they've moved on. And I really can't see any other actors doing as good a job as Teri and Dean with that incredible chemisty, and who would replace Lane? Nope, best left alone, imperfect as it is.

Besides, I agree with Groobie - the fanfiction is terrific!

Mouse
Posted By: kmar Re: The Next Generation? - 12/20/06 11:02 PM
I chose the 10 years later with same actors. I have found most remakes really disappointing because they usually have a different take from the original with I find I usually don't care for. As an example is Smallville. I realize this is an original show but it is based on a know character. Their take is so far from any I would visualize as the early life of Superman that I don't care for the show.

Even though the actors have moved on and Lane is gone I picked the 10 year version as what I want - it is my fantasy show. A rejoining of Dean and Teri as the Clark and Lois we all love.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: The Next Generation? - 12/21/06 09:25 AM
Maybe it's time for me to give my own choice - I think that the "ten years on" with the same actors would be the most interesting, followed by a "next gen", maybe set today and telescoping the intervening years a little - the children of Lois and Clark are just getting started as superheroes (or not if they don't feel up to the job), L&C are still around but mostly in the background - maybe appearing for a few minutes occasionally - but the main focus of the story is the children.
Posted By: jackiek Re: The Next Generation? - 12/21/06 12:42 PM
I chose 10 yrs later cause it wouldn't be lnc to me without Dean & Teri.

Jackie
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: The Next Generation? - 12/23/06 05:27 PM
Any of the above from me. I'd watch it no matter what.

See ya,
AnnaBtG (still an addict, despite appearances).
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards