Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Kitty Smallville - 01/16/06 08:27 PM
I was just talking to my friend who had a daughter who used to watch smallville, so I'm [Linked Image] do you all feel the same or what?
Posted By: AnHa Re: Smallville - 01/17/06 01:34 AM
I started watching Smallville during 4th season, but only the eps with Lois in it. After that I watched the first two eps of the 5th season, and a friend of mine is gonna give me the episodes with Lois in it soon smile
Posted By: Tzigone Re: Smallville - 01/17/06 03:44 PM
I quit watching twice, but I'm back now. More Chloe and more arc this season make me more interested.
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Smallville - 01/19/06 07:36 PM
I don't watch Smallville. I don't find it entertaining. I love the way it looks and I wish LnC looked liked that *sometimes*.

I want to give it a try but... I enjoyed the very first episode. I have that on my computer. I watched part of one once b/c a VJ off of Much Music was going to be on one. I also watched part of when Lois entered the realm of Smallville. An well, Clark is hot.

Why do you have 'daughter' and 'used' linked to somewhere else?

I like your icon guy smile
Posted By: Kitty Re: Smallville - 01/19/06 07:53 PM
Why do you have 'daughter' and 'used' linked to somewhere else?
To emphasize a word and to keep track of my previous polls that I've made up.
Posted By: kmar Re: Smallville - 01/20/06 02:13 AM
I sort of watch it. I tape it on the VCR and then fast forward through all the commercials and the parts the kind of creep me out. Like tonights episode in the bunker when Lana is staddling Lex's groin area. I mainly watch the scences with Clark and parents, Chloe and Lois. I guess you can say I watch enough to have a general idea of what is going on.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Smallville - 01/20/06 06:38 AM
I wouldn't say I actually watch it -- I've seen maybe one complete episode -- but my husband does, and between comments from him and stuff I've overheard/seen while he's watching it, I figure I'm fairly well up-to-date.

It's his impression that the show's gotten a lot better since first season, and I tend to agree with him. But I guess any shift in focus is going to please some people and displease others.

From my POV, Lana's gotten interesting now that she's gravitating towards Lex. I think she ought to join him on the dark side and cause Clark the angst of fighting the woman he loves... evil

Meanwhile, I wish Clark would wake up and realize that his soulmate is right there next to him -- Chloe Sullivan. smile Yeah, I know there's some other chick who's got the name of Lois Lane, but that's about all she's got. Chloe's the one who's filling the role. And she's the one head over heels in love while he's oblivious, which is an interesting reversal to the usual order.

But I'd be perfectly happy to never see the show again -- it's like reading bad fanfic. Who are these people, and why are they using those names...? huh In my head, L&C are the *real* interpretation of Superman, and I don't want those *other* characters messing up my mental images.

PJ
Posted By: TOC Re: Smallville - 01/20/06 01:45 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself, Pam. I don't dislike Smallville, as such, but what are those characters doing with names that honestly belong to other people altogether, so that they mess up my mental images of the real Lois and Clark?

Ann
Posted By: LoisLane9397 Re: Smallville - 01/20/06 03:57 PM
I've been watching Smallville since day 1 and I will continue to. I think the show has gotten better over the years and I'm just over the moon that Lois is on it now! Erica Durance is an AWESOME Lois!!!! laugh

I've also accepted the fact that Smallville is an alt-universe version of the story of Superman so if anything happens that I don't like, it's easier to stomach. laugh
Posted By: Karen Re: Smallville - 01/20/06 08:55 PM
I don't understand what you mean by colt like. Indianapolis Colts? huh

I've seen about 3/4 of an episode. Everything that I've heard and read and *seen* about the episode turns me off. I didn't watch whiny teenage drama angst shows when I was a teen, and I don't want to watch them now. That person is just pretending to be Clark, but has very little resemblence to the one I know.
Posted By: Kitty Re: Smallville - 01/20/06 09:34 PM
I don't understand what you mean by colt like. Indianapolis Colts?
Sorry, My spelling error. Supposed to be Cult as in things like devil worshiping and the evil side of things.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards