Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Mister Data Invisible or Fly? - 09/28/05 04:43 PM
This forum has been slow, as of late, so I thought I would stir things up.
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Invisible or Fly? - 09/28/05 04:46 PM
I chose Fly.

I suffer from weightlessness sickness. I can't stand to on be on rollercosters or in elevators that go too fast.

I would love to be be high and free and able to fly anywhere I wanted to go. And be strong enought to take whoever I wanted with me.

James
Posted By: Dave Re: Invisible or Fly? - 09/28/05 05:29 PM
I picked fly too. smile

I'd never have to stress out over a late train, and... I'd never have to deal with traffic again! laugh
Posted By: Karen Re: Invisible or Fly? - 09/28/05 06:59 PM
Fly. I've been invisible most of my life. wink
Posted By: Kitty Re: Invisible or Fly? - 09/28/05 08:13 PM
I love to be able to fly like superman. The reason I like to fly on a plane is the weightlessness that you feel for a brief second.

There is also a spot on lake shore drive here in Chicago where you can experience weightlessess. If you drive at about sixty miles per hour, there would be a small drop in the road after a bridge on that road.
Posted By: LoisLane9397 Re: Invisible or Fly? - 09/28/05 09:19 PM
Fly course! Then I could get to and from where I'm going at superfast speed! I also hate to fly in planes, so I'd able to avoid that at all costs. laugh
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: Invisible or Fly? - 09/28/05 11:26 PM
I would love to be able to fly!

I'd never have to stress out over a late train, and... I'd never have to deal with traffic again!
Ditto! laugh
Posted By: kmar Re: Invisible or Fly? - 09/29/05 02:23 AM
I chose fly. I have a fear of heights and a fear of flying. Part of the reason is in neither case do I feel in control. If I could fly then I would be in control of the situations. Also I love to do landscape and wildlife photography so there would be no place I couldn't go. So FLYING IT IS. smile1
Posted By: Dave Re: Invisible or Fly? - 09/29/05 03:01 AM
Har! Those irony loving...

Notice how the 14% who chose 'invisible' didn't leave a note? wink
Posted By: digitalsky Re: Invisible or Fly? - 09/29/05 04:17 AM
I choose invisible because I am not trying to pretend to b like Superman like most peeps here. Being invisible means more fun involved and more you can do!
Posted By: kmar Re: Invisible or Fly? - 09/29/05 04:09 PM
Wanting to fly has nothing to do with wanting to be like Superman. If your afraid of heights and it is coupled with a fear of falling like it is for me as well as having a fear of flying then choosing flying makes perfect sense. Part of the ability to fly would be the ability to float so you wouldn't fall. The fear of flying for me would be cured because my biggest problem with flying is being in side a tin can with other people controlling my fate - crash or not was the plane properly maintained. The list goes on and on. If I can fly then I'm in control. Plus as I said I can go anywhere in the world to do my photography at a moments notice.

I could not really see much use for being invisible unless you want to become a thief or to spy on people. Stealing from others is not something I want to do and the idea of spying on others freaks me out. There was a peeping tom in my neighborhood a few years ago eek so spying on people without their knowing it really turns my stomach. jawdrop
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Invisible or Fly? - 09/29/05 04:30 PM
Invisibility could be quite something, but I'd like flying even better. I love swimming in the deep sea because it makes you feel like floating in the air... but actually floating in the air would probably feel even better!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile
Posted By: sheilah Re: Invisible or Fly? - 10/01/05 12:04 AM
Invisibility would be pointless in my life since my job is to help people, and they would have a hard time finding me if I were invisible. I could see where it might be helpful in an investigative sort of job, but since I tend to run late, I'd be better off flying--just to make it to work in a second. No more driving miles out of the way to get to a bridge so I can cross the river to get to work. Just soar over. Think of the savings in gas!
Posted By: Tarkas Re: Invisible or Fly? - 10/02/05 09:40 AM
Fly.

Fly.

Fly.

Fly, a thousand times fly.

Yes, to be invisible could be fun; and I've often wished that I could stretch my body so that I could get at something that I can't reach or see properly; and super-strength could be very useful; and it's probably just as well that I don't have heat vision or some other kind of zap ability, because I'd want to use it...

...but to fly... to "slip the surly bonds of Earth"; to know the freedom and the feeling of motion; to streak across the ground or sea close below and then soar into the clouds to hang seemingly motionless as the world turns underneath; to dive from the heights like a bird of prey and pull up to race back up into the sky, feeling the speed gradually bleed off as you climb... That's my dream.

It's why I enjoy swimming underwater and body-surfing. It's something that my imagination has taken me through, awake and in dreams, so many times that I know what it feels like... and then I come back to reality and feel bereft. It's why I have grave doubts about psychic powers (or me having any, at least) because more than once, on a beautiful morning, I have looked at the sky and felt its pull, and if desire and willingness and the feeling that I know just what to do and what it will feel like have any power, I would be off the ground and soaring in the sunlight... but I remain earthbound and wonder why. And it's also the reason that I will never take hallucinogens: a classic effect is the belief that the subject can fly, and I'm halfway there already -- I'd be off the nearest building before you could say "zonked out of his brain." I'd be smiling, though, all the way to the ground.

No contest here. Fly.

Phil
Posted By: Nan Re: Invisible or Fly? - 10/02/05 11:29 AM
Definitely fly. It isn't even a contest.

Nan
Posted By: jackiek Re: Invisible or Fly? - 10/02/05 01:17 PM
I found it a tough choice but I chose fly. Both would be fun but really if I could fly I could just go so high up that noone would see me and then i'd sort of be invisible too.

Jackie
Posted By: Tank Re: Invisible or Fly? - 10/02/05 11:48 PM
Oh, fly definitely.

It would just be much more fun. The freedom of movement would be intoxicating, as would be the 'views' that one could get from such vantage points.

It might also be easier to find 'my' Lois Lane with the added mobility... or not.

Tank (who chose flying even though the thought of being able to sneak up behind a certain long-haired actress and show her the error of her ways wink )
Posted By: LoisLaneWannaBe Re: Invisible or Fly? - 10/03/05 02:58 PM
Fly, fly to the sea....

~Lois Lane Wanna Be
Posted By: Smallville Girl Re: Invisible or Fly? - 10/03/05 05:45 PM
Ever since I was a child, it has always been fly (not that the invis/fly question was asked), but I have ALWAYS wanted to be able to...

Closest I get is my dreams... which I DO dream about flying A LOT.
Posted By: FarahC Re: Invisible or Fly? - 10/07/05 12:13 PM
FLY!
Posted By: Phibs Re: Invisible or Fly? - 10/09/05 04:17 AM
Fly Naturally. Traffic in Athens is a !@#$. Not to mention. Think all you would save on tickets to go to places. Lets face it. Both Greece and Europe have a lot of neat places to visit smile hyper
Posted By: Doranwen Re: Invisible or Fly? - 10/14/05 04:34 PM
Oh, no question about it--flying, for sure. Think of all the FoLCs you could visit cheaply . . . laugh
Posted By: michaelaS Re: Invisible or Fly? - 10/26/05 01:09 AM
Fly for sure.

I do track, and the thing i love most about sprinting (besides winning, blush lol) is this incredible feeling of weightlessness i get at about the 50 metre mark. By the time i finish i can never even feel my feet hitting the ground anymore, and it's the most amazing experience every time i race. Actually being able to fly has got to evoke a feeling that's about a trillion times more powerful; and that's something i can't even begin to fathom.
i don't usually post... actually come to think of it i've never posted... not on this message board anyway, although i do read what's on here almost daily i just don't comment...
sorry, i'm getting off topic, all i wanted to say is that the only thing i can think of that would be cooler than flying would be having telekenetic powers. smile
Posted By: katt12 Re: Invisible or Fly? - 10/29/05 09:12 PM
I would love to fly! Just be able to get up and fly through the house and float around without getting tired. That would be great!
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Invisible or Fly? - 11/18/05 08:15 PM
For me, I would want to fly, but find invisiblity much more applicable.

I wonder if it would be tiring to fly. Would you have to excercise to get better - like jogging? If it would be like jogging, I'd take invisibility. I would only want to fly if it was with ease/speed like Clark. It would bite if I could only go as fast as I walk or run.

I would alwasy pick fly until a few years ago.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards