Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LaneGaL Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/25/03 02:19 PM
I finally decided to make a poll. laugh
Out of all the *minor* characters, who did you like the most? This also includes any of the villains that showed up more than once.

I do have Mayson down for a choice, but I just couldn't bring myself to add Dan! goofy

I voted for Mindy Church, because I loved how she was so different from the other "villains." Her scene in the park from HIWTHI is hilarious!

I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks. Enjoy!
Posted By: Kaethel Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/25/03 03:31 PM
My choice went to Mayson. I liked her. I know this is gonna get me a lot of raised eyebrows peep but I often thought that she's portrayed too much as a villain. She wasn't truly a villain imho. She was falling hard for a man who was head over heels in love with someone else, and yet who showed no clear sign of pushing her away when she tried to seize her luck. Like every other FoLC, I was very irritated with her when I first watched the show, but she sort of grew on me, to the point where I'm working on something where she wouldn't be a complete villain (I hope I can make you like her anyway, once I finish that story).

Anyway, I was surprised not to see Lex, since when I first read the question, he was the one character that immediately jumped to mind (mostly because John Shea's performance as an actor was astounding), but after all he's not a minor character at all. wink

Kaethel smile
Posted By: ethnica Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/25/03 03:40 PM
This is a great question. I always wondered when I'd get to tell this story:

When some friends and I were going to watch L&C and play a certain game wink , the husbands (professional men in their mid-40s) went downstairs to play pool (after giving us all a big :p ) .

But when I yelled down to the hubby, "Hey, there's a Tempus episode next," those non-fans dropped their pool cues, thundered up the stairs, and tried to stuff themselves into their wives' chairs. laugh
Posted By: Kitty Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/25/03 07:40 PM
Well, my favorite is Dr. Klein. He seemed to be my type. The brainy one.

But I can also relate to Star and her visions, but I don't like the way writers protrayed her as an idiot. It made me feel that their saying that all fortune tellers and psychics are idots. Anyhow it's just my opinoion. And don't ask why I can relate to her, otherwise this post will go on forever.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/26/03 02:20 AM
Awwwwwwwww - sorry, just couldn't choose one between Jack, Dr. Klein, HG Wells (sorry Hazel) and Tempus. goofy

Have to agree with Kaethel re Mayson. I thought in many ways Clark treated her rather badly. Watching those episodes, I always think that Martha would have been tugging on that earlobe again if she could have seen him failing to be absolutely straight with that poor woman. laugh

LabRat smile
Posted By: Tank Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/26/03 07:01 AM
It wasn't a choice but I'd vote for Inspector Henderson as portrayed by former comedian turned dramatic actor Richard Belzar.

The relationship between Henderson and Lois was just perfectly played. You were able to sense that beneath the verbal sparring there existed a mutual respect for the abilities of the other.

Tank (who wonders if his stint on L&C had anything to do with Belzar getting his role as Det. Moench on Law and Order, or whatever cop drama it was he was/is on)
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/26/03 08:12 AM
Agreed, Labby and Helene. Clark was written as too wishy-washy for my tastes in season 2 overall, actually. I can understand he'd be flattered by Mayson's interest, but he should have tried harder to let her know that there was no future there. Mayson contributed, though, by refusing to take a hint.

Mindy was hilarious, as was Tempus, but I had to go with Dr. Klein smile

PJ
Posted By: RL Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/26/03 11:50 AM
I went with Tempus. I thought he was the best for just sheer entertainment value. His sense of humor usually leaves me ROFL! The plain ridiculousness of his character is what makes him a favorite in my book.
Posted By: Blayne Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/27/03 04:18 PM
I couldn't decide between Jack & Mayson... I liked them both. I agree with what everyone's been saying about Mayson. She never really took stabs at Lois or tried to take Clark away from him to the extent that Scardino did.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/27/03 06:59 PM
It wasn't a choice but I'd vote for Inspector Henderson as portrayed by former comedian turned dramatic actor Richard Belzar.
Good grief, yes. How could I have forgotten Henderson? He was always one of the highlights of S1 for me and I was rather disappointed when he disappeared out of sight.

Thank goodness he survives in fanfic! smile1

LabRat smile
Posted By: KathyM Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/27/03 09:23 PM
Although I agree with the comments regarding Mayson and Clark made by others here, I wasn't tempted to vote for her. My second choice would have been Dr. Klein, but I had to vote for Tempus. "Tempus Fugitive" is the episode that hooked me on this show, and remains one of my very favorites. Just love that guy! smile1

KathyM
Posted By: BanAnna Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/27/03 10:40 PM
I was really close to voting for Tempus for all of the obvious reasons, but in the end I had to put 'other' in leiu of Daniel Scardino.

Yes, I know, you're all :rolleyes: at me, but I really liked his character. I thought he was funny and charming, but what I liked most about his character is that he did what I was yelling at Clark to do the whole time Daniel was around: he took action. He didn't just sit around waiting for Lois to make a move, he moved in on her. And although I would never want him to end up with Lois, I admire the fact that he actively tried to gain her affection, and, even more so, I admire the fact that when she finally told him that there was no future, he gracefully backed off. I think he's a very nice man who's just deeply misunderstood by FoLCs. Plus he's just so darn cute. wink

So there you have it. I'm probably the only person who thinks this point of view is sane, but that's okay. You all can take Mayson and that'll leave plenty of Daniel for me. laugh

~Anna, TDOD (Tireless Defender of Daniel)

PS Please, call him Daniel.
Posted By: samik Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/28/03 11:25 AM
I had to go with Mindy. I don't know... there's something about a deviously intelligent woman who gets a kick out of acting flighty and smoking cigars that amuses me.
Posted By: Anne Spear Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/28/03 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Tank:
who wonders if his stint on L&C had anything to do with Belzar getting his role as Det. Moench on Law and Order, or whatever cop drama it was he was/is on
He was on "Homicide: Life on the Streets" and is now on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" but I believe he played/s the same character on both. I never watched "Homicide" but he's one of the reason's I keep watching "L&O". I would have voted for him as well. Instead, I voted for H.G. Wells...the younger version. For some reason, I just don't care for the one from "Tempus, Anyone?"
Posted By: sunshine6812 Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/28/03 01:33 PM
I choose Dr. Klein just because of the fact that the show would have `lost` something without him I can`t really explain I just always liked him and espescially the eps he is in

sunshine
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/28/03 02:57 PM
I voted for Tempus - as Roger said, I liked his sense of humour very much. Star was fun, too, and Dr. Klein and H.G. Wells were paranoically interesting (in my opinion).

As for the other choices:
I can't remember Jack very well, and can't remember Inspector Henderson at all.
Mindy Church was annoying, to me. I don't like this Barbie type. But I recognize that she was interesting somehow, too.
Mayson was also not my type.
And Dan made me lol and wanting to strangle him at the same time. laugh

Nice question.
See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 07/29/03 11:41 AM
I voted for Klein. He is my favorite character, (even though I have killed him off at least once).

Next would be Tempus.

James
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 08/01/03 06:45 PM
I voted Mayson because she added an interesting competition for Lois during Season 2. I liked how she made Lois confront what was in her heart the whole time and I loved seeing Lois threatened by a person who battled her for Clark's affections.

Second would be Star even though she was rather ditzy at times I liked how she helped Lois in terms of her relationship with Clark during the whole break up saga.

Mindy Church was another favourite there is just something about a really intelligent woman who can act like a total bimbo to get what she wants.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 08/06/03 07:05 AM
Tempus...definitely my fav' vilain.

But Mayson had potential too, I mean, I would have liked to see her challenge Clark's affection towards Lois (and the other way around) a bit longer... I can't help wondering what would've come out of it.

She was considering Clark the way he wished Lois to (apart from that anti-superhero thing)... like Seas2 Lois' missing second 'rationnal-human' half.

Carole (ducking back behind her wall) peep
I know I'm nuts, but I voted for Mindy. She shoulda gotten more than 2 episodes! Total ripoff!!
Posted By: LDA82 Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 08/07/03 11:42 AM
Dr. Klein is def. my favorite recurring character.
Posted By: BrightFeather Re: Favorite Reoccurring Character - 08/10/03 08:19 PM
Tempus all the way! He's my favorite villian and probably one of the funniest other characters on the show.

BF
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards