Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: daneel A Temptation for Lois - 06/18/03 09:29 AM
Lois and Clark are at his apartment, and there is a Superman emergency. Clark mades a flimsy excuse, and leave Lois alone at his apartment. Lois snoops a bit and found Clark's diary. Here is the question:

Would Lois read the Diary?
Posted By: daneel Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/18/03 09:30 AM
Well, I chose yes for S1 and no for S2. What do you think? wink

Jose wave
Posted By: sunshine6812 Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/18/03 09:33 AM
Definitly yes, we all know how curious Lois can be laugh
Posted By: RL Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/18/03 09:50 AM
I also said yes for S1 and no for S2. In S1, they weren't that close yet. In S2, I don't think she would even have searched. It did always puzzle me that she never really pressed that hard for the reason for his disappearances. He was disappearing all the time even when they weren't dating. When he did it when they were dating, I'm surprised she wouldn't force the issue. But I don't think she would spy on him in S2. They were both in love with each other, regardless of whether they acknowledged it to themselves, so they trusted each other.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/18/03 11:50 AM
I kinda wanted to vote for S1 Lois saying "No. He's from Smallville; his diary would be all about cows and put me to sleep!" goofy

It was hard to pick for S2 Lois... really, I could see it going either way, depending on where *exactly* they are and what's been going on with them lately. Lois snoops for a living, after all wink But I could also see her *not* wanting to know what Clark's written there about her.

Great poll question!

PJ
Posted By: AnnieM Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/18/03 12:48 PM
Well, I voted yes for both. I think she's just too curious to pass it up. In S1 I see her telling herself that she doesn't care about anything he could possibly write in his diary...but then I think she'd have to prove it. <G> And in S2 I think she'd tell herself it was wrong, but be very torn, and I think eventually she would give in. Maybe *accidentally* knock if off the bookshelf and it just *happened* to fall open. I think that afterwards she'd feel bad about it, but I don't think that would stop her from doing it.

Interesting question!

Annie
Posted By: MLT Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/18/03 04:19 PM
I voted 'yes' to both. However, I disagree with your reasons. It might never occur to her to look for a diary. But if she found one, I just think that it runs contrary to Lois' character in ANY season not read it. laugh

In fact, it would be my opinion that if Lois found Clark's diary lying around after they'd been married for ten years, she'd end up reading it. (Not that she wouldn't struggle with it first, but I still think she'd do it - although, I do like the accidently knocking it open idea wink )
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/19/03 02:02 AM
I went for the blackmailing material wink but how about another option:

*S3 Lois: Yes, now we're even.*

Refering to Clark's reading of Lois hidden novel during the Lois/Wanda Clone arc?

Carole
Posted By: daneel Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/19/03 02:12 AM
hyper
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/19/03 02:53 AM
<g>

thanks Jose wink

Carole smile1 wave
Posted By: LabRat Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/19/03 06:13 AM
Well, ashamed as I am to be posting a 'me too' goofy I'm snowed under right now, so you'll have to make do with me saying that I agree with Annie and ML on this one and for exactly the same reasons.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/19/03 07:05 AM
I voted "no" in both seasons, but only because I think the excuses were fitting better.

Anyway, I think there's no answer to this question. As Pam said, it would definitely depend on what had been going on between them lately.

Anyway, good poll wink Have fun.
See ya.
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Sira Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/19/03 03:52 PM
I'd say 'yes' for both seasons. Curiosity is just such a big part of who Lois is that she couldn't pass up the opportunity to read the diary. She might feel bad about it afterwards, but she'd do it nonetheless.
I just can't picture her finding Clark's diary and not wanting to know what's in there.
That's my humble opinion....

Very intriguing question though!!!

~Sira smile
Posted By: Eccentric Musician Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/20/03 08:37 AM
I said "Yes, for blackmail," and "No, for privacy." Really, it depends on which which season it is.
Posted By: LaneGaL Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/20/03 11:54 AM
I voted yes for season one. I think Lois would be nosy and want to get some dirt on her new partner. It was harder to decide for season two. I voted no. It may even depend on when it is in the season. IMO, the more frustrated she is with Clark, the more likely she'd be to read the diary.

Anyways, great poll! laugh
~Amanda
Posted By: AnnieM Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/21/03 10:41 PM
You know, it just occurred to me...you aren't by any chance asking because you're thinking about writing a story about this are you? smile Because this sounds like a great premise for a story! smile

Annie
Posted By: Vicki Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/21/03 11:38 PM
this sounds like a great premise for a story!
I second that!

- Vicki wave

PS - I voted "yes" to both seasons, though not for those reasons. Out of plain and simple curiosity.
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/22/03 02:09 AM
I chose no for S1 mainly because I thought that Lois really wasn't interested in Clark or is life in S1 I think she might be interested in knowing just what he gets up to when he gets his cheese of the month shipment.
Posted By: daneel Re: A Temptation for Lois - 06/23/03 03:05 AM
.you aren't by any chance asking because you're thinking about writing a story about this are you?
Eeeh... well, I don't know. If somebody wants to try, I won't mind smile I'm busy with a long one and I have another ideas I'd like to explore first wink

Jose hyper
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards