Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: sunshine6812 driving licence II - 05/01/03 07:20 AM
2) How much did you need to pay for your driving licence? (In US-$)
Posted By: Wendymr Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 07:22 AM
Sunshine, I voted $0 - $300, because my driving licence (valid until my 70th birthday) cost something like £20. But did you mean that you wanted us to include the cost of driving lessons? It's not very clear... confused

Wendy smile
Posted By: sunshine6812 Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 07:24 AM
Sorry, if it wasn`t very clear. Yeah I meant for the driving lessons as well

sunshine
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 07:26 AM
I also voted in the $0-300 category. I got my over 21 liscence a few months ago and it only cose about $10 american dollars. I have no idea what my 16 year old drivers liscence cost or my driving lessens - but I do know that the school gave me $50 to pay for them because I didn't have time in my schedule to take the free ones offered at school.

- Alicia
Posted By: Saskia Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 07:36 AM
I went for 300-500. I think that's about what *I* paid. My parents paid the rest which is around $1000 I guess. But I'm absolutely not sure about that. I'm just glad I have my drivers licence and my car and can go about everywhere.

Saskia
Posted By: Loriel Eris Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 07:43 AM
I voted $500-700. I think that's right. I had to estimate then change it from pounds to dollars. I worked out that my lessons and licence cost about £850 (though I think I had lots of lessons in comparison to friends!).

Loriel (who really wasn't that bad, just not confident. blush )
Posted By: Melisma Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 07:54 AM
razz razz razz razz razz razz

Melisma (ducking back under her Rock, cursing ICBC up and down)

peep
Posted By: Bethy Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 08:06 AM
I put 0-300 but am not 100% sure how much my parents paid for driver's ed. I think it was around $250, plus about $10-20 for the license. Close enough?

Bethy
Posted By: Loriel Eris Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 09:08 AM
Forgot to add in the cost of provisional licence and theory test, probably another £60 (approx. $40?)

Loriel
Posted By: Trenna Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 09:37 AM
I did my drivers training in high school. I think it was a required class. I'm pretty sure it didn't cost my parents anything extra, but its a long time ago. I just did my two year renewal for $10. so I'm in your first category.
Posted By: Bethy Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 10:08 AM
Loriel -- you've got it backwards. A pound (sorry, don't have the cool key on my keyboard) is roughly $1.50. So 60 pounds would be in the vicinity of $90.

Bethy
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 10:10 AM
thousands of dollars??? shock I doubt mine cost more than $100, lessons included, since my mom taught me in an empty parking lot! <g>

Must be a European thing...

PJ
Posted By: Shadow Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 11:36 AM
Er, that's a tough one. I voted 0-300 since the driver's license itself probably only cost 10-20 dollars. But if I include lessons...I really don't know. I took driver's ed as a semester class at school...yeah, I bet that class was 300-under.
Posted By: sunshine6812 Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 11:45 AM
Yeah Pam, it probably is a European thing in Germany you pay approx 1600&#8364; and if you want to be able to drive with a trailer you have pay at least 500&#8364; extra and take lessons grumble

It is cheaper in the former DDR tought- I live near the boarder and a lot of my friends come from there so I know- anyway they pay approx 1000&#8364; without trailer.

Man you could fly to the US make your driving licence come back and wouldn`t have paid as much as you would have doing it here.
It was just possible wildguy

sunshine

PS: And you can`t do your driving licence in schook so you have no way but to pay mad
Posted By: HatMan Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 12:29 PM
well, i voted for 0-300 before i noticed the thing about it also including driving lessons. problem is, i don't know how much the lessons cost. i wouldn't be surprised if it was less than 300 anyway. no more than 500, certainly.

Paul
Posted By: Karen Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 02:43 PM
I voted for less than 300 also. My school had Driver's Ed for 11th graders (due to moving and age reasons, I took it my 12th greade year) so it was free. I just had to pay for my permit and finally the license.
Posted By: Smallville Girl Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 03:24 PM
My behind the wheel training was like $150-250 and the test was $12. The book training was taken at school...and just tacked onto tuition (private school) so I didn't count that.

-Breanna
Posted By: Ja-10 Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 04:44 PM
OOPS!! Sorry sunshine, I didn't know we had to include driver's training. I voted for other, please explain, but it should be for 0-300. Can I change my vote? Or will you just add one for 0-300?
Posted By: RetroRose Re: driving licence II - 05/01/03 06:36 PM
Gosh, along time ago, here in the Pacific Northwest when we were switching over from horses to automobiles...... (by the way this IS a joke!! wink ) I took drivers ed as an elective in high school. I think there was some "nominal" lab fee to cover gas or such. But all told, including the permit fees and licence fee it didn't add up to $300. Now if you want to talk about the first ticket I got shortly thereafter..... THEN we are in the $300+ range. And believe me, THAT was a better lesson than all those classes!! rotflol
Posted By: Loriel Eris Re: driving licence II - 05/02/03 01:47 AM
Loriel -- you've got it backwards. A pound (sorry, don't have the cool key on my keyboard) is roughly $1.50. So 60 pounds would be in the vicinity of $90.

Bethy
blush blush blush

Thanks Bethy, I *thought* it looked wrong, but I didn't think anything of of it! I'm soo used to translating form USD to pounds that I automatically divided my total by 1.5 instead of multiplying it! blush blush blush

That means my total cost would be about $1350.

And to think I used to be good at maths! Being at Uni really has killed my brain cells!

Loriel blush
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards