Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: VirginiaR WORD 2007 - 07/24/16 08:12 PM
My Word program started doing something strange lately. It says that it's still an 8.5x11" paper, but it shows on the screen something much boxier, more of a slightly elongated square. It says it has normal 1" margins, but the cursor is at the tippy-top of the "paper". It's only this way for normal 100% view or one page view; however, when I go to 2 page view, it pops back to the correct size page. It only does this for new documents but not for existing documents. I've already double checked margins, page layout, and even paper size. Everything is as it should be, but clearly something funky is happening.

EDIT: Also, I view all my documents in Print Layout format.

I'm worried that something is wrong and will infect every new document I start from now on, messing up page layout and printing. (I know this won't make much of a difference for posting here, but in the RL things could go haywire.)

Has anyone else heard of this problem or how to fix it? I'd love suggestions!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: WORD 2007 - 07/24/16 10:39 PM
Hello Virginia,

I haven't used Word 2007 in several years, but I can reproduce your problem in Word 2016 by deselecting the option "Show White Space Between Pages in Print Layout View." Does Word 2007 have such an option? If so, make sure there is a check mark by it.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: WORD 2007 - 07/25/16 05:09 AM
You're a genius, Lynn! Thank you. That did the trick. smile
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: WORD 2007 - 07/25/16 11:24 AM
Glad that did the trick. smile

Joy,
Lynn
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards