Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Darth Michael Boards not reachable via google's DNS? - 11/26/15 06:54 PM
Hi!

I just switched my DNS server to google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and it looks like google doesn't know about www.lcficmbs.com.

Does anyone else around these parts use google's DNS and has no trouble?

wave Michael
Well, whatever google's DNS means I don't know, but with my browser - which happens to be google chrome - I have the same issue. Funny enough, when I ask for an older, saved version of the site to be displayed, I get a very recent "save". smirk

It works now, though.
google Chrome, too?
That's funny.
Funny-ha-ha or funny-we-should-better-seek-cover?
peep

Anyhow, tested it with Chrome just now, and it works, too. And on a hunch, I retried the DNS lookup, and looky-there. No problems. Might very well be that Chrome uses google's DNS servers huh

DNS is the Internet's phonebook, and there are many copies. And just like it's for the next guy after Lois ripped out an entire page from the phonebook, when you can't find the name you're looking for, you need to go to another DNS server. I do wonder though what went wrong...

wave Michael
Posted By: malu Re: Boards not reachable via google's DNS? - 12/09/15 11:04 PM
Something to look into when having trouble...

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/troubleshooting

And it's on Google.

malu
True, that smile Thanks for reminding me of the debug option, might have given more hints about why the fqdn wasn't known by 8.8.8.8. Or maybe not if the entry really was lost at the time huh

wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards