Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LabRat Downloading You Tube videos as mp3? - 09/21/14 04:40 PM
For years, I've used YTD without issue, but recently, when I updated, it uploaded a whole mess of spy/adware that took me forever to get rid of.

I've found a Firefox add-on that allows me to download YT videos, just fine. It says it also allows you to download them as mp3s, but there doesn't seem to be a way to choose a file format before hitting download and it automatically chooses full video & audio every time.

Does anyone have a add-on or free program they can recommend that will let me choose mp3 format before downloading?
I've no use for the video material, I just want the audio.

Thanks!

LabRat smile
I've used Freemake video converter to convert videos and songs between many formats (mp3, mp4, windows movie, avi etc). The original is always already on my drive, but there is a download option that I've never used.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Downloading You Tube vidoes as mp3? - 09/23/14 10:34 AM
Thanks, Katherine, I'll check it out!

LabRat smile
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: Downloading You Tube vidoes as mp3? - 10/15/14 01:05 PM
I haven't still tried it, but my colleague from IT has recommended aTube Catcher. It seems to have all the functions you're looking for. Just be careful when installing it to avoid undesired add-ons.

Andreia
Posted By: LabRat Re: Downloading You Tube vidoes as mp3? - 10/19/14 08:43 PM
Thanks! I'll check it out! Freemake is working well, so far, but never hurts to have a backup. smile

LabRat smile
Posted By: BanAnna Re: Downloading You Tube vidoes as mp3? - 11/10/14 07:11 AM
The easiest way I know is to put "ss" between "www." and "youtube" in the url of the video you want.

For example:

This url:

Becomes:

That will forward you to a new page. Click on "more" on the right side of the page and it will give you a bunch of options for different formats you can download. MP3 is usually one of them.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Downloading You Tube vidoes as mp3? - 11/20/14 02:18 PM
Wow - that's pretty cool! Thanks for the tip, Bananna!

LabRat smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards