Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Artemis Getting logged out - 05/05/14 02:17 AM
For some reason I'm now getting logged out automatically whenever I leave the boards. I used to be logged in for like forever. Where do I go to fix that? It's not a real pain, just inconvenient and a confusing change in procedure.
help
Artemis
Posted By: Artemis Re: Getting logged out - 05/05/14 02:27 AM
Figured it out, I think. When I logged in after the switch, I didn't check the box that says remember me. I closed and opened again and I was still logged in. So y'all who want to stay logged in, check that box.
dance party hyper
Artemis
Posted By: Tank Re: Getting logged out - 06/03/14 10:35 PM
I've recently gotten a new computer but the boards won't recognize my user name when I try to log on while on it. If I go back to my old computer it lets me log on just fine.

Do the new boards hate my new computer?

Tank (who is far from a techie and figures it's something simple or stupid that is the problem)
Posted By: Artemis Re: Getting logged out - 06/03/14 10:46 PM
My take is that you have to fill in all the data about you on the new computer when you want to work on L&C there. But you only have to do it once. Your old computer has it stored in memory and the two aren't linked together (I assume).
regards
Artemis
Posted By: malu Re: Getting logged out - 06/04/14 10:25 AM
One thing I've noticed is that, if you use Safari on two different computers, it will only let you keep logged in on one at a time, even if you check the box. When you go back to the other computer, you're logged off and have to log in again.

malu
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Getting logged out - 06/16/14 06:33 PM
I'm getting this too since the board changed, and I'm only logging in on one computer, and have repeatedly checked the "stay logged in" box - is there something like a persistent cookie from the old version that needs to be replaced for the new one?
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Getting logged out - 06/18/14 08:35 PM
And as if by magic the problem seems to have gone away.
Posted By: Artemis Re: Getting logged out - 06/22/14 09:10 PM
I was just suddenly logged out this morning after having it up all week. huh
So who knows. At least there wasn't a problem logging back in, but it just seems to be a random thing.
cool
Artemis
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards