Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: kmar Kindle - 01/10/13 05:42 PM
I just got a Kindle Fire HD and was wondering what software you have to use to convert files to be read on a Kindle in the book format. I know a number of stories have been converted so I figured I could get the answer here.

Thanks for the help.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Kindle - 01/10/13 06:10 PM
You can use Calibre to convert files, kmar. It's free.

LabRat :-)
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Kindle - 01/10/13 06:13 PM
I use Calibre to convert fanfic into a format my Kindle touch can understand.

Happy reading,
Lynn

edit: LabRat hadn't posted her note when I started writing this. Great minds think alike. smile
Posted By: Meadowrose Re: Kindle - 04/06/13 06:12 PM
Can any of the Kindles have documents dragged and dropped into them?
Posted By: LabRat Re: Kindle - 04/12/13 02:43 PM
Meadowrose, sorry, missed this until now. I was perfectly able to drag and drop files into my Kindle. I should imagine all versions allow you to.

LabRat :-)
Posted By: Kismatt Re: Kindle - 04/24/13 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Meadowrose:
Can any of the Kindles have documents dragged and dropped into them?
Meadowrose, you can email yourself a document as well. Look for your Kindle email address on the Docs page on your Kindle (for example, mine is kelly_xx54 @ kindle.com)

You'll need to send it from the email address you set up on your Amazon account. You can also add email addresses - I send a friend of mine fanfic to her Kindle from time to time from my own email. She added me on her Personal Document Settings page.

Now, having said all that, I mostly use Calibre . laugh

Have you checked out the The (L&C) Archive Legacy E-reader project ? It's mostly stories that are over 50K. We're slowly getting all of the old fanfic up as ePUB/MOBI, but it takes a bit.

If you have a fic you really want to see converted, let me know. Right now they're all gFic, but if there's an nFic you'd like, I'll see what I can do.

Cheers, and hope that helps!
Posted By: Meadowrose Re: Kindle - 04/24/13 09:52 PM
The original Kindle doesn't allow dragging and dropping. Email documents are limited by size. I'll have to look into a later version of the Kindle.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards