Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: mozartmaid quotes within a reply - 07/12/10 01:24 AM
I haven't mastered this art yet... I can get one quote, but I don't know how you guys do it with the lines to make it all look so neat and obvious which parts are quoted and which parts are your comments. Is there a page somewhere I missed on how to do this?

Thanks laugh
Posted By: LabRat Re: quotes within a reply - 07/12/10 04:57 AM
Couldn't be easier, mozartmaid. It's one of those ones which looks impressive, but isn't really. laugh

Just select the text you want to quote and hit the quote button beneath the posting box. Paste the text in between the two codes and there you go.

You can also do it manually by typing in the codes before and after the text.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Artemis Re: quotes within a reply - 07/12/10 10:31 AM
I actually like writing the code myself rather than using the buttons below. To do that, you do this:
[QUOTE ] You can also do it manually by typing in the codes before and after the text. [/ QUOTE]Now, I've left a space between the
text [/ QUOTE]so you can see what I did. Take out the space and it becomes this:
[QUOTE]You can also do it manually by typing in the codes before and after the text.
On your draft it will look like it didn't work, but when you post it, you will see the difference.
[i ] italics [/ i] italics
[b ] bold [ /b] bold
[img ] images [/ img] You need a source for images on a public server or folcsite
[img] http://www.folcsite.com/images/FlySupe.jpg [/ img]
[Linked Image]
Welcome to the boards!
Artemis
smile1
Posted By: malu Re: quotes within a reply - 07/12/10 01:38 PM
The FAQ page has a lot of the descriptions you mentioned, Artemis, and more.

You can preview the post by clicking on "Preview Post" while posting the reply.

malu
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards