Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: CK testing avatar - 06/21/06 08:09 PM
testing
Posted By: Selinde Re: testing avatar - 07/03/06 02:05 PM
Testing too angel-devil
Posted By: Selinde Re: testing avatar - 07/04/06 12:25 PM
Actually why are we not allowed to have an image as a signature?

[Maybe not the best place to ask my question, but I figured that an avatar and a signature are kind of related to each other since they can both be edited in the *my profile* area. And most people have sigs and ava's that look alike - if images were allowed..]
Posted By: lisime12 Re: testing avatar - 07/23/06 01:43 PM
test test 123
Posted By: andieanderson1979 Re: testing avatar - 07/24/06 02:11 AM
Testing... laugh
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: testing avatar - 07/24/06 10:11 AM
neat.
Posted By: Sue S. Re: testing avatar - 07/26/06 05:04 PM
testing, testing
Posted By: Sue S. Re: testing avatar - 07/26/06 05:07 PM
Okay, now how do I make that go away!?!?!

ETA: Never mind. It refreshed and went away on its own.
Posted By: jackiek Re: testing avatar - 07/31/06 07:33 PM
testing
Posted By: Kaethel Re: testing avatar - 08/02/06 09:41 AM
Testing sig.
Posted By: LabRat Re: testing avatar - 08/03/06 08:25 AM
Actually why are we not allowed to have an image as a signature?

[Maybe not the best place to ask my question, but I figured that an avatar and a signature are kind of related to each other since they can both be edited in the *my profile* area. And most people have sigs and ava's that look alike - if images were allowed..]
Just caught this one by accident, Selinde. I'm not sure why - I have the vague memory that it might be because they may start out small, but people tend to get carried away with them and do huge picture sigs (the Stargate forum I frequent has some really over the top ones), which, I think, use a lot of bandwidth. The avis are restricted to a particular size. Although, I guess, there's no reason why a picture sig couldn't have a size restriction placed on it either.

It might also be because FoLC forums have, for some unknown reason, never had a tradition of using picture sigs and until now no one's thought to do it and no one's asked to do it, either. laugh

I must admit that I enjoy picture sigs - in moderation - they can often be a lot of fun and I'm often impressed by the skills required in making some of them. Some of them are amusing, some are beautiful. But I do think that the big, over the top ones make a forum look really messy and cluttered. That's just my own, personal opinion, though. Nothing to to do with the admins.

Think I might ask about this one, though. Now, you've got me curious. wink

LabRat smile
Posted By: Sue S. Re: testing avatar - 08/08/06 09:49 AM
testing
Posted By: Matrix Re: testing avatar - 08/10/06 05:17 PM
Testing...
Posted By: Sue S. Re: testing avatar - 08/19/06 06:41 PM
testing again
Posted By: alcyone Re: testing avatar - 08/28/06 11:37 PM
testing.
Posted By: Shadow Re: testing avatar - 08/31/06 08:42 AM
Avatar testing paused. Normal programming will resume shortly.

Take 3.

You know, I learned something funny in the span of 5 minutes before I shrunk this thing. UBB boards clearly do not resize your image into avatar sizes ROFL. Anyway, it was amusing to me; carry on!

JD
Posted By: andieanderson1979 Re: testing avatar - 09/13/06 08:36 AM
Testing...
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards