Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Xanabee Which time zone? - 04/13/05 03:50 AM
This morning at 11am (local time) I posted fdk in the fanfic folder. It mentions the time as being 5am. Are we all automatically set on USA time?

Maybe I missed something and there's a possiblility to set the time of posting at your own local time. If that is the case, how do you do that?

I know, I know - I'm a techy nightmare. Just can't figure out these things on my own. blush

Ursie
Posted By: LabRat Re: Which time zone? - 04/13/05 04:54 AM
Aha! I just discovered this recently, so I actually have the answer. <g>

You can set it to local time through your profile, Ursie. Just go to:

My Profile (at the top of your screen),

View/Update Profile

Scroll down till you get to 'Time Adjustment' and put an 8 into the box there.

Hit 'Update Profile' to make the change stick

- and that's you.

LabRat smile (feeling very unusually tech savvy now... )
Posted By: Xanabee Re: Which time zone? - 04/13/05 05:09 AM
Yay! It worked. dance

Thanks, LabRat!
Posted By: malu Re: Which time zone? - 04/13/05 12:46 PM
Do the countries in Europe have daylight saving time? Right now, the US is in daylight saving time, and maybe you would have to change that again in October (last Sunday).

malu

EDIT: never mind. I found a web page that explains that the daylight saving time will change on the same day here and there.
Posted By: Xanabee Re: Which time zone? - 04/13/05 01:49 PM
Hey Malu, that's a cool site! thumbsup

Thanks for the link; I've bookmarked it.
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Which time zone? - 04/13/05 09:09 PM
Isn't Bush doing something with a bill (I don't know if it is a bil) to extend the Day Light Savings Time period to save energy? Oh here's a link... The Washington Monthly

I find it funny that some states/provinces (Arizona/Saskatchewan) don't use DLST. It's caught me off guard a few times when I pass through certain places.

Here's a site that I've been too... DLST

I have forgotten to adjust the board time I see. I always forget...well I remember usually a month after the fact!
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Which time zone? - 05/04/05 02:41 AM
So... I just made a post at 2:34 am my time... and the boards time reads it as 5:34 am. I checked my profile and the setting is correct. Not a big deal... but just wondering why it was working fine yesterday but not today. huh

Sara
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: Which time zone? - 05/04/05 10:32 AM
Some how my time setting *always* reverts back to EST(GMT-5), even though I set it to CST (GMT-6)

huh
Posted By: malu Re: Which time zone? - 05/04/05 01:39 PM
AnKS,

This might sound stupid, but... smile

did you click the "Update Profile" button after changing the "time adjustment"?

malu
Posted By: Superdiva Re: Which time zone? - 05/18/05 01:54 AM
I just wanted to see what time would show on my post.
Posted By: malu Re: Which time zone? - 05/21/05 06:53 PM
Is it just me or has the time zone of the server changed? It seems the server for the message boards is on Eastern Daylight Saving Time now. confused

I noticed that the boards were offline for a while during the day, and then the time zone changed.

malu
Posted By: Kaethel Re: Which time zone? - 05/22/05 03:56 AM
Tha boards were moved to their permanent server last night, which is why they went offline for a while. Their default time is now set to EST, so you'll have to adjust your timezone in your profile. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Kaethel smile
Boards Administrator
Posted By: LabRat Re: Which time zone? - 05/22/05 04:39 AM
Yeah, only thing is - it doesn't work now. I've adjusted the time on my profile four times now and it's still two hours ahead of where it should be.

Ah well - it wasn't a big deal for me anyway, so not something I'm fretting over. <G>

LabRat smile
Posted By: malu Re: Which time zone? - 05/22/05 01:13 PM
LabRat,

Does your computer save cookies? I mean, do you have to login every time you access the message boards? Maybe it's your cookie configuration that isn't allowing you to save the profile settings. Does anybody know if that could be possible?

malu
Posted By: LabRat Re: Which time zone? - 05/22/05 03:37 PM
Could be, I guess, Malu. Wonder if it's due to my switch from IE to Firefox? Think I was using IE when I last switched it.

As I say, it's not that important for me - but I'll try fiddling around with it at some point.

Thanks!

LabRat smile
Posted By: malu Re: Which time zone? - 05/22/05 06:25 PM
LabRat,

This link might help you. It talks about cookies in Firefox and how to set them up. smile

malu wave
Posted By: Shadow Re: Which time zone? - 05/22/05 08:18 PM
Testing the time...I think I'm working okay again. I adjusted it a couple of times, but then I noticed in my view-update profile that it lists the server time, the time on my computer underneath it, and it tells me what number to put in to adjust it.

Yup, it works.

JD
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: Which time zone? - 05/23/05 11:34 AM
time test

ETA - ahhh much better! laugh
Posted By: LabRat Re: Which time zone? - 05/23/05 02:19 PM
Yes, Jen, that was the way I was doing it beforehand. But I've figured out what the problem was. It used to say put in '8' hours to adjust the time and that worked fine up to just a few days ago.

So I've been putting in '8' - and it hasn't been working like it used to.

But just now I've noticed that it now says put in '5' hours, not '8' as it did before. So I put in '5' and...it works. smile

Which is a salutary lesson in never assuming things, but double-checking first. wink

LabRat smile
Posted By: rivka Re: Which time zone? - 05/23/05 09:33 PM
Or, as I tell my students, read the instructions . . . wink
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards