Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Southern California fires - 12/08/17 12:28 AM
Hi everyone

With the wildfires burning in California at the moment, I thought I’d make a thread so our California FoLCs could check in and let us know they’re okay.

Our thoughts are with everyone affected.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Southern California fires - 12/08/17 06:19 AM
I'm on the other side of the country, but praying for our Californian FoLCs. Please, be safe out there, and check in if/when you can.
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: Southern California fires - 12/08/17 02:13 PM
My son is at UCSB right now . He says the air quality is terrible . They're having lots of brown outs. They don't know what they're going to do about finals. And if they cancel them, like they did at UCLA, I don't know how we're going to get my son home. Please keep him in your prayers !
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Southern California fires - 12/08/17 07:18 PM
NorCal here. wave We're not on fire up here anymore, but definitely keeping SoCal in our thoughts and prayers. Hope everyone's okay, please check in.

sloppy
Posted By: CarrieRene Re: Southern California fires - 12/08/17 08:08 PM
Prayers and thoughts to everyone in California.
Posted By: Annie B. Re: Southern California fires - 12/10/17 03:31 AM
I'm in SoCal. My town, Perris, is about 20 miles north of the Liberty fire. So far, we're safe (and hopefully that will remain the case, in spite of it being windy and bone dry).
Posted By: Morgana Re: Southern California fires - 12/10/17 07:44 PM
So glad you guys are OK. Scifi Joan, did your son get out of California?

AnnieB hopefully the winds will die down soon.

Mouse, be careful!
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: Southern California fires - 12/10/17 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Morgana
So glad you guys are OK. Scifi Joan, did your son get out of California?

AnnieB hopefully the winds will die down soon.

Mouse, be careful!

UCSB just shut down the campus today, cancelling final exams. They'll be given the first week they return in January. My son is flying home tomorrow. The air quality is bad and they're having power outages but the kids are okay.

Thanks for asking, Morgana.

Hope everyone else remains safe.

Joan
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards