Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: jackiek Anyone still use IRC? - 07/30/17 01:18 AM
Years ago a bunch of folcs would meet up on IRC and i was wondering if anyone still does this.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Anyone still use IRC? - 07/30/17 05:01 AM
I used to but it got to the point where I was routinely being tossed off the server. It a huge hassle that I no longer had the patience for or the time for. I and some of the others on the boards have been using the Google Hangouts links from the Kerth Awards to chat though.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: Anyone still use IRC? - 07/30/17 01:30 PM
For those that already have the program installed on the computer IRC still works fine but for those that haven't installed the program or are trying to install it on a new PC, you get a virus in the downloaded application. (Several anti-virus programs are catching Trojans in it). This was why we went with Google Hangouts for the Kerths so we weren't giving people viruses.

As DC said, we left the Kerth Chat (Now named "Lois and Clark Fans Chat") open for fans to chat in there if they'd like.

I know some people still go on IRC but it's not as active as it once was. I hope this answers your questions. thumbsup
Posted By: jackiek Re: Anyone still use IRC? - 07/31/17 01:25 AM
Thanks! I got the google hangouts app but have no clue how to use it. I tried looking up Lois and Clark fans chat but it didn't come up.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: Anyone still use IRC? - 07/31/17 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by jackiek
Thanks! I got the google hangouts app but have no clue how to use it. I tried looking up Lois and Clark fans chat but it didn't come up.

Click on the link "Lois and Clark Fans Chat" and it should take you directly to the group. PM me if you have any more issues.
Posted By: jackiek Re: Anyone still use IRC? - 08/01/17 01:26 PM
Thanks! smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards