Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Annie B. I Jumped Out of an Airplane - 08/29/16 02:35 AM
In honor of my 40th birthday and my Mom's upcoming 69th birthday, we decided to go tandem skydiving. There's a skydiving school here in town (Perris, CA), and I've watched the parachutists for years from my workplace, which is about a mile from the airport.

I was strapped to an experienced skydiver and jumped out of the plane from 12,500 feet at about 10:30 this morning, right after my mother jumped out. My dad, brother-in-law, sister, and nieces watched from the ground. (My dad's view is: why jump out of a perfectly good airplane? He says he'll go skydiving if he lives to be 80.)

Here's the video I had made. The videos are expensive, but mine was comped due to the fact that one of the owners of Skydive Perris had my dad for a teacher way back when. She also comped my mom's video.

The video starts with an ad for Skydive Perris, but it ends at the 2-minute mark, and then my part starts.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: I Jumped Out of an Airplane - 08/29/16 04:59 AM
Wow, Annie! You've got guts. My kids laugh at me when I get to the top of a ladder (or my son's top bunk) and hold on for dear life. I don't think I'd be able to do that without incurring a heart attack to go along with it. clap Congrats! And Happy Birthday!
Posted By: groobie Re: I Jumped Out of an Airplane - 08/29/16 05:16 AM
You are far braver than I am! I drive by there all the time, too...but I keep on driving! laugh LOL Happy birthday!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: I Jumped Out of an Airplane - 08/29/16 10:39 AM
Hi Annie,

I have to get ready for work and won't get to watch the video until later, but I had to say, "Good on ya!"

And now you'll never watch "Strange Visitor" in quite the same way again...

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I just watched the video. Way cool! I'm not sure whether it makes me wish I were skydiving or whether it makes me very grateful to be on terra firma. A little of both, I guess. One things's for sure, you had a memorable birthday. (A belated "Happy Birthday," by the way.)
Posted By: LMA Re: I Jumped Out of an Airplane - 08/29/16 05:28 PM
Hey Annie!

I think I'll live vicariously through you from now on. WOW! That takes guts (and I don't have any, lol peep ). I'm impressed--and it looked like such a good time!

Next time I'm in an airplane flying somewhere I'll have to think of you. I'm totally claustrophobic--planes, boats, elevators, long bridges (anywhere that I can't get 'out' of quick wink ) creep me out. I can do all of that stuff, but not without some major inner pep talking. You're my inspiration clap.

Happy Birthday!
Laura
Posted By: Annie B. Re: I Jumped Out of an Airplane - 08/29/16 11:58 PM
Thanks, everybody. Yes, "Strange Visitor" did go through my mind for a moment (and much to my amusement, someone in the free fall flight simulator was wearing a Superman costume -- you can watch the people in there from a TV in the restaurant).

Some of the teachers at my school showed the video to the kids. Now some of the kids think I'm a real badass. dance
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: I Jumped Out of an Airplane - 08/30/16 03:13 AM
Awesome! I've always wanted to go skydiving! I've always just been afraid that all that air rushing at my face on the way down will trigger my asthma.

Happy birthday!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards