Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Annie B. RIP Leonard Nimoy - 02/28/15 05:31 AM
Link

Leonard Nimoy, known as Spock to most of us, has died at age 83. He had other roles, but Spock is the best remembered one.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy - 02/28/15 11:16 AM
As the character he was most famous for might have observed, my grief at his passing is highly illogical. He did indeed live long and prosper.

Star Trek was my original fandom, and that was largely due to Mr. Spock.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Nimoy.

- Lynn
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy - 02/28/15 09:51 PM
By one of those weird coincidences I had a character use the phrase "live long and prosper" in a chapter I posted at another site a couple of days ago - didn't have anything to do with Star Trek, except that the character was a fan of the show, but it's odd, I've never done so before.

He'll be missed; as Spock, as Paris (Mission Impossible), and as someone who seems to have done more than most to work for fair treatment of actors and actresses and other causes.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy - 02/28/15 11:08 PM
My favorite Leonard Nimoy stories I've heard this week that I hadn't heard before. He negotiated that all the main Star Trek co-starring cast be paid the same rate. He refused to work on any post series projects that didn't include the full cast. AND he directed Three Men and a Baby! (Hilarious 1980s comedy - definitely rent it if you haven't seen it!)

I love all the Spoke work he's done recently, both on Big Bang Theory (his making fun of Sheldon is always a hoot) and in the new Star Trek films.

He was a great man and will be missed.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards