Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: VirginiaR Word Crimes - 07/21/14 05:42 AM
For people who write...

Or have to read what people write. (Or suffer through how people write.)

It's a refresher course.

Weird Al's newest song: Word Crimes. It's lots of fun. dance

Also, I saw an interview with him about this song and he said he left in an intentional grammatical error. Can you spot it?

/My apologies. This thread wasn't beta'd. wink /
Posted By: LabRat Re: Word Crimes - 07/21/14 09:53 AM
I saw this the other day - lots of fun. And addictive. I've had that darn tune running through my head ever since! <g>

LabRat smile
Posted By: groobie Re: Word Crimes - 07/21/14 04:48 PM
Weird Al is an absolute genius! thumbsup
Posted By: LabRat Re: Word Crimes - 07/22/14 01:59 AM
While you're there, check out Al's Stop Fowarding That Crap To Me. Absolutely hilarious and tying the bones of it to the style of a power ballad was inspired! rotflol
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Word Crimes - 07/22/14 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by LabRat
While you're there, check out Al's Stop Fowarding That Crap To Me. Absolutely hilarious and tying the bones of it to the style of a power ballad was inspired! rotflol
Great one, Labrat. Just as relevant today as it was back in 2011. It's the perfect link to send back to that person who keeps sending me Cat photos... monthly.

In case anyone needs the link: Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me

Um... just have to ask, was there a hidden message in your post? peep
Posted By: LabRat Re: Word Crimes - 07/22/14 09:43 AM
Hidden message? About fwding stuuff, you mean? LOL, no. It's not actually a problem I have. Can't think of the last time anyone fwd me that kind of thing. Only thing people send me these days are stories for the Archive and you can keep doing that as often as you like. wink

LabRat smile
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Word Crimes - 07/22/14 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Great one, Labrat. Just as relevant today as it was back in 2011. It's the perfect link to send back to that person who keeps sending me Cat photos... monthly.

Now the question is, should I forward that link to anyone? wink

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Word Crimes - 07/22/14 05:37 PM
Hidden message? About fwding stuuff, you mean? LOL, no. It's not actually a problem I have. Can't think of the last time anyone fwd me that kind of thing.
I meant, you responded to my link with one that said "Stop Forwarding That Crap to Me". I wondered if I should read it as "Stop Posting that Crap on my Boards". [Linked Image] Glad I was wrong.

Only thing people send me these days are stories for the Archive and you can keep doing that as often as you like. wink
High on my to-do list. peep
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Word Crimes - 07/22/14 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Now the question is, should I forward that link to anyone? wink
My hubby said I should forward the "Word Crimes" link to my sister the bibliophile. IMHO, from now on when one sends a link to someone, they should also include a copy of the above-referenced link as well... just for irony's sake.

I used that correctly, right? If so, I'd like to thank my 9th Grade English teacher. notworthy
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Word Crimes - 07/23/14 07:32 PM
"Word Crimes" is freakin' brilliant! I showed my husband the English major and he couldn't stop laughing.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards