Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Marcus Rowland The Twelth Doctor... - 08/04/13 02:11 PM
The 12th Doctor will be Peter Capaldi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23570354

He was in Torchwood: Children of Earth and played Caecilius in 'The Fires of Pompeii', the episode of Doctor Who in which Karen Gillan first appeared before becoming Amy Pond. I remember him best as the angel Islington in Neverwhere, a role he played very well indeed.
Posted By: AngelRose Re: The Twelth Doctor... - 08/04/13 03:49 PM
Good actor, but back to a white, man from the UK, if older than the others since Dr Who's return; would have liked to see them have the guts to shake things up somehow; may or may not watch.
Posted By: Karen Re: The Twelth Doctor... - 08/05/13 05:02 AM
I'll watch. My first thought was "Glad they didn't go as old as Hartnell," but Capaldi is the same age Hartnell was when he started. Hartnell just looked a lot older. It'll be interesting to see the role with a bit more gravitas that an older person can bring, and what quirks this Doctor will have. I mean, I like Matt Smith, but he's a bit manic at times.
Posted By: LabRat Re: The Twelth Doctor... - 08/05/13 06:24 AM
No matter how hard I tried, I simply couldn't take to MS's Doctor and stopped watching. My preference would have been for a non-white male to take the role but Capaldi is a terrific actor so I'll definitely be tuning in to see what he makes of the role.

Course, now I need a summary of events between Tennant and Capaldi to bring me up to speed... laugh

LabRat :-)
Posted By: Artemis Re: The Twelth Doctor... - 08/05/13 09:11 AM
Well, looks promising, but I really like Matt Smith. I'm going to miss him. Manic,yes, but that was fun. Maybe we didn't think the Brits could do manic.
What role did Capaldi play in "Children of Earth"? Hubby and I both saw that. (He doesn't do Doctor Who. I miss John Barrowman.)
cool
Artemis
Posted By: LabRat Re: The Twelth Doctor... - 08/05/13 02:20 PM
Mr. Frobisher - a government official hiding a terrible secret.

Apparently. laugh

LabRat :-)
Posted By: AngelRose Re: The Twelth Doctor... - 08/05/13 02:27 PM
Met an upseting end as I recall
Posted By: Artemis Re: The Twelth Doctor... - 08/05/13 02:33 PM
Aha, I wondered if that was him.
We shall see....
cool
Artemis
Posted By: AngelRose Re: The Twelth Doctor... - 08/05/13 02:45 PM
No problem smile
Posted By: Shallowford Re: The Twelth Doctor... - 08/14/13 04:22 PM
Here's the Google Map of the tardis for those interested...
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/slideshow/2013/08/01/crazy-world-google-maps/?intcmp=features
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards