Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: stephnachia Join the Bark Side - 01/20/12 07:37 AM
2012 Superbowl Commercial Teaser ... Brilliant!

The Bark Side

For those who don't know SW very well, the song the dogs are barking is Darth Vader\'s Theme AKA Imperial March
Posted By: Olive Re: Join the Bark Side - 01/20/12 08:38 AM
Best Imperial March ever! Loved the chewie-dog and the one dressed as an ewok. But best of all... the one that shows at the end (I don't remember the name of the machine he was...erm, portraying - on the lack of a better word).

thumbsup
Posted By: LabRat Re: Join the Bark Side - 01/20/12 11:54 AM
clap

Hilarious! I love all those wildly wagging tails and the greyhound at the end. LOL!

LabRat smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Join the Bark Side - 01/20/12 12:27 PM
I laughed so hard that I cried. Especially when the AT-AT Walker came on screen at the end.

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Join the Bark Side - 01/20/12 03:20 PM
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol ...

Too perfect! Loved that they're all dressed up-- I'm going to send this to everyone!
Posted By: MLT Re: Join the Bark Side - 01/20/12 08:00 PM
Boy, that one sure caught Shadow's attention. I clicked the link and suddenly she was sitting up looking around. So I had to let her watch it while I was relegated to listening status. So anyway... Shadow thanks you for that video. laugh
Posted By: Karen Re: Join the Bark Side - 01/21/12 06:31 AM
My son absolutely loves the video. He'll notice the computer's on and say "Doggies?" He gets excited when the AT-AT dog walks on the screen.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Join the Bark Side - 01/21/12 05:03 PM
Ukulele version

http://ukulelevideos.blogspot.com/2008/02/kuricorder-quartet-imperial-march.html

Lego version

Posted By: Anne Spear Re: Join the Bark Side - 01/24/12 04:40 PM
...and I loved the dog on the right with Darth Vader's chest plate...lol!!! thumbsup
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Join the Bark Side - 01/28/12 04:13 PM
Having seen the Imperial March being "abused" as a wedding march, I had to laugh pretty hard. Love it!
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: Join the Bark Side - 01/30/12 08:25 PM
Having seen the Imperial March being "abused" as a wedding march, I had to laugh pretty hard.
Wait - some couple used this tune in their wedding??? I'd pay real money to experience that!

Was it the groom's music? I can almost see that. But the bride's music? The bride's music? jawdrop

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Join the Bark Side - 01/31/12 05:59 AM
I actually did attend a wedding reception in which the Imperial March was played when the newlyweds were announced. I had been sitting at the geek table, and everyone there burst into hysterical laughter. There had been little reaction at the other tables. To be honest, I have forgotten most of the details of that wedding and reception, but that bit I'll remember for life.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: stephnachia Re: Join the Bark Side - 01/31/12 09:56 AM
Well, me and DH walked down the aisle (after the kiss) and the exit of the wedding party to this.

Not as foreboding as the Imperial March but still SW. laugh

Oh yeah, and I walked down the aisle (at the beginning) to this.

smile
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Join the Bark Side - 01/31/12 11:53 AM
Originally posted by stephnachia:
Well, me and DH walked down the aisle (after the kiss) and the exit of the wedding party to this.

Not as foreboding as the Imperial March but still SW. laugh

Oh yeah, and I walked down the aisle (at the beginning) to this.

smile
hyper Absolutely perfect! I'm full of envy. clap
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Join the Bark Side - 01/31/12 01:53 PM
Stephnachia, I love your music choices. smile

Joy,
Lynn
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards