Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: carolm Henry Cavill Superman pics - 09/17/11 05:16 PM
Haven't seen this posted around here. A [non-L/C] friend posted them on Facebook a few minutes ago.

Henry Cavill Superman Pics

Some have a cape but others seem not to.

She wasn't crazy about the new costume. I'm not either. Not that they ask me wink .

Carol
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 09/17/11 11:48 PM
So, is this why they pushed the release date back. Costume change. No red shorts! Funky pattern stuff on the side of the suit. Suit more grey than blue. I'm hoping the cape is just off for rehersal. But he wouldn't be Superman without ANY red on on his costume. (besides the S, of course). It looks like they got rid of all the Yellow, too. Sigh. <<shakes head>> It's wrong. So wrong. It doesn't look like Superman. It could be an X-Man with that look.

Thanks for supplying the pix, though.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 09/18/11 12:30 AM
We were just discussing this on mIRC a few nights back. Rumor has it that the cape is going to be mostly CGI. Don't know if that is true or not.

This costume makes me sad. frown
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 09/18/11 04:36 AM
I hope the costume looks better on the big screen than on my monitor.

But more importantly, I hope that the script has the protagonist behaving like the Superman we know and love. I can get over costume changes a lot better than I can personality changes.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 09/18/11 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
I hope the costume looks better on the big screen than on my monitor.

But more importantly, I hope that the script has the protagonist behaving like the Superman we know and love. I can get over costume changes a lot better than I can personality changes.

Joy,
Lynn
I agree with Lynn. Costume less important than character!
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 09/18/11 09:19 PM
I miss the red underwear. I find the costume way too revealing without it. (Yes, I admit that my eyes immediately went "down there". eek )
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 09/20/11 12:12 AM
I agree. Costume is key. Screenplay is key-er.

That being said...

huh

I miss Dean. frown
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 09/20/11 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
I agree. Costume is key. Screenplay is key-er.

That being said...

huh

I miss Dean. frown
Well put on *every* level. I miss Dean too. frown
Posted By: Artemis Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 09/20/11 08:40 AM
Stand up straight, man! You're Superman! Let the cape hang right! Well, now we know what happened to all those "sharkskin" swimming suits that are now banned from Olympic swimming!
grumble
Artemis
Posted By: Olive Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 09/21/11 03:17 PM
I agree with what I've read on this thread so far about the suit. But there's one more thing that's making me a little squirmish. THAT HAIR!!!! A little too comic book for my tastes. Poor Henry...
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 09/21/11 10:32 PM
To be fair, we haven't seen him as Clark. Dean's hair wasn't exactly GQ as Superman, either. wink
Posted By: gr8shadesofElvis Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 10/04/11 03:03 PM
And here we have Russell Crowe as Jor-El

Love the first of the comments, lol.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 10/04/11 04:18 PM
Yeah, he's kind of the Gladiator of Krypton in that outfit. Ugh.
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 10/04/11 05:19 PM
Hmm. Interesting. I kind of like how they've introduced the cape and kept the "S" on him... but yeah. That's about it. Russell Crowe's a good actor, and I like him well enough, so I'll give him a chance.

I agree with Virginia, though. The costume doesn't exactly scream "scientist" to me. He's more militarized. Although it does make me wonder whether or not Crowe would have at some point made a good Superman...
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 10/04/11 06:10 PM
I think the main idea in getting rid of the briefs is to match up with the recent DC comic reboot, where they got rid of them. I'll still miss them greatly both on-screen and in the comics.

I have seen pictures of him with the cape on, and let me tell you it's at least better than that terrible rubber tarp thing they had on Routh in Superman Returns. I'll try to find those pictures again and share them with you all.

Agreed that, while I can forgive some things about the suit, personality is the most important. Snyder did an awesome job adapting the Watchmen graphic novel to film, and Nolan did great things with Batman, so I'm holding out hope that they'll give Supes the treatment he deserves as well.
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 10/04/11 06:15 PM
Some of those cape pictures, Here and Here
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 10/04/11 11:19 PM
Thanks Cape!

Agreed, that the cape looks better than the one in SR. Actually, the cape's length reminds me of how long Dean's was, which, I think, was unique to Lois and Clark up until now. I may be wrong about that though. But I remember reading that somewhere.
Posted By: stephnachia Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 10/05/11 10:27 AM
I am NOT liking the new suit w/o the undies and the depressing version of blue & red BUT... I AM liking Henry Cavill's muscles in the suit. eek
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 10/05/11 10:34 AM
Originally posted by stephnachia:
I am NOT liking the new suit w/o the undies and the depressing version of blue & red BUT... I AM liking Henry Cavill's muscles in the suit. eek
clap Well said! I was just looking at those pictures and thinking the same thing... fills out rather nicely!
Posted By: stopquitdont Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 10/07/11 08:53 AM
I don't think those are Henry's muscles. The suit looks well padded to me. clap

SQD (who, despite what she doesn't like about the film, is happy that Superman will soon be in theaters again)
Posted By: gr8shadesofElvis Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 10/08/11 03:22 AM
Black suited Zod and a Clark without glasses here .

And bearded Clark. sad
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 10/08/11 01:26 PM
I'm not liking the fact that I haven't yet seen a Clark Kent with glasses... that's not a facet they can just get rid of. Right? Right? Tell me I'm right... grovel

And I don't like him with a beard. Superman's not a bum. It just seems he hasn't learned to use his laser vision to shave yet... ("damn razor blades... Ma! I busted another one!")
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 10/08/11 02:10 PM
I agree on all points there, Mouse. He looks like a homeless man with that beard. Just...no.
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 10/08/11 03:37 PM
He's supposed to be in a remote Alaskan village in those beard pictures. As an Alaskan, I can guess that he's just working at fitting in. :p
Posted By: Artemis Re: Henry Cavill Superman pics - 10/09/11 03:49 PM
Here's Brandon and his cape for comparisons.
[Linked Image]
cool
Artemis
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards