http://blastr.com/2011/06/torchwood-releases-a-thri.php

Long and lots of action!
Posted By: Artemis Re: Torchwood Miracle Day - 06/29/11 02:07 PM
I'm looking forward to it!
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Tank Re: Torchwood Miracle Day - 06/29/11 05:42 PM
Torchwood has done it to me again.

I didn't get BBC America so I had to wait and buy the DVD sets (at an inflated price) and now I don't have Starz so I'll have to wait to see this one too.

Tank (who wonders if this will be available in an 'on demand' format)
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: Torchwood Miracle Day - 06/30/11 10:09 AM
I only just started watching the original series via Netflix. So far, I like it.

Joan
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: Torchwood Miracle Day - 07/01/11 03:21 AM
I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I wish I could get over Children of Earth, but I can't. Maybe I'll tune in if I end up hearing really good things about this, but I doubt it.
Posted By: Artemis Re: Torchwood Miracle Day - 07/01/11 09:56 AM
Children of Earth was very intense and hard to watch, I agree. Miracle Day doesn't sound like it is going to be any lighter, IMHO. I liked the Torchwood series better and my favorite episode was the one with James Marsters of Buffy fame.
One reason I like Torchwood is that I can understand Borrowman's English since he uses an American accent. I have real trouble with Eve's Welsh accent.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: StarKat Re: Torchwood Miracle Day - 07/01/11 04:50 PM
I had a really hard time with Children of Earth, too. I'm going to wait and see the reviews before I consider seeing it.

Tara
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Torchwood Miracle Day - 07/01/11 05:33 PM
Just heard - Starz is also doing a 10 part animated web based spinoff, called Torchwood: Web of Lies which will star the voice of Eliza Dushku:

http://blastr.com/2011/06/its-official-eliza-dushku.php
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Torchwood Miracle Day - 07/02/11 01:47 PM
Some bad news for Brits - the version shown in the UK will allegedly be cut to remove violence etc. since it is being shown comparatively early in the evening.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Torchwood Miracle Day - 07/09/11 02:27 PM
OK, saw it on Starz, that was pretty impressive.

Without going to spoilers, it's holding together pretty well so far - the first episode seems to have been made with a bigger budget than the whole of the last series, so there's some good stunts and special effects etc.

It's also fairly bloody, at least in the Starz version, with some VERY grisly injured but undying people. I suspect that this will be what they cut for the BBC showing next Friday, if it's correct that it will be cut.

Can't really say more without spoilers, and I suspect that any comments may be spoilery so read at your peril.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Torchwood Miracle Day - 07/09/11 02:41 PM
And the first web episode is on YouTube

Posted By: Artemis Re: Torchwood Miracle Day - 07/10/11 11:34 AM
Well, we enjoyed the pilot so we're excited about the rest of the series.
cool
Artemis
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards