Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Russell Crowe as Jor-El? - 06/16/11 12:21 AM
This casting gets weirder and weirder. I mean, I like Russell Crowe but....yeah.

Bear in mind, it's only in talks right now and nothing is confirmed one way or another.

On a different note, General Zod is going to be in the movie. (/me is obssessed with the idea of other surviving Kryptonians)

Russel Crowe in talks to play Jor-El
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Russell Crowe as Jor-El? - 06/16/11 01:19 AM
wallbash

Some of us want to see Superman not It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
Posted By: Shallowford Re: Russell Crowe as Jor-El? - 06/16/11 05:47 AM
Might be leaning more towards Mars Attacks!--I liked It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
Posted By: Olive Re: Russell Crowe as Jor-El? - 06/16/11 10:02 AM
I can't see it. Russell Crowe just isn't the new Marlon Brando.

And I also like Amy Adams but I'm having a hard time picturing her as Lois.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Russell Crowe as Jor-El? - 06/16/11 12:31 PM
Is anyone else out there thinking that this movie has TOO many NAMEs in it? That many egos in a room just spells disaster. Sigh
/me raises hand

Oooh! Oooh! Me! I think it has too many names!

But I'll still see it....
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Russell Crowe as Jor-El? - 06/23/11 10:33 PM
I agree; too many names means they're just going for box office numbers and what cameo appearances can rake in and not what they're *actually* going to do on-screen. Russell Crowe? (another Brit... just saying) As the perfect Jor-El, Marlon Brando cannot be beat. But saying you're going to use Crowe is just like giving up...

mecry I just want this movie to work
Posted By: Artemis Re: Russell Crowe as Jor-El? - 06/24/11 10:26 AM
So if Jor-El is in the movie, they're doing an origin story. Heavy sigh. Been there, done that.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Russell Crowe as Jor-El? - 06/24/11 10:45 AM
I thought Russell Crowe was from Australia or NZ? I thought -- but I'm not expert being American -- one had to be from the 'British Isles' to be considered a 'Brit' or does it also count for 'British Commonwealth'?

I agree. Not story or character driven with all the stars, but box-office driven. <<shakes head>> Sad. So sad.
Posted By: gr8shadesofElvis Re: Russell Crowe as Jor-El? - 06/24/11 01:23 PM
Apparently Julia Ormond is in talks to play Lara.

I have nothing against Russell Crowe being in the film but I have to agree with Artemis, I have no desire to sit through the Kryptonian history lesson again. Hopefully they'll use these characters in a fresh, interesting way and not just rehash what was done in the original film.
Posted By: Artemis Re: Russell Crowe as Jor-El? - 06/24/11 04:20 PM
Russel Crow is Australian. Yes, anyone from the British Commonwealth is a Brit if they are an English speaker. However, the Canadians speak American English.
cool
Artemis
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards