Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: shimauma historic Superman - 01/13/11 07:55 PM
[Linked Image]

Originally posted by F***yeahalbaquerque at THIS LINK
Posted By: Vicki Re: historic Superman - 01/14/11 04:38 AM
clap lol
Posted By: bobbart Re: historic Superman - 01/14/11 09:07 AM
huh

Well, perhaps it is ridiculously unsophisticated of me, but I have no idea who this is or what I'm supposed to see/get from this picture.

Bob huh
Posted By: shimauma Re: historic Superman - 01/15/11 09:21 PM
According to Wikipedia "In September 1773, as member of the Partition Sejm, Rejtan famously tried to prevent the legalization of the first partition of Poland. He is said to have bared his chest and laid himself down in a doorway, blocking the way with his own body in a dramatic attempt to stop the other members from entering (or leaving) the chamber where the debate on the partition was being held. Despite his efforts, the partition of Poland was legalized soon afterward"
[Linked Image]

I thought it was funny because somebody photoshopped a superman logo to his chest... sad
Posted By: RJS Re: historic Superman - 01/16/11 11:41 AM
To this day he is the ultimate example of patriotism in Poland. He would be on a par with who in the US? Paul Revere? Nathan Hale?
Posted By: bobbart Re: historic Superman - 01/16/11 12:07 PM
Thanks shimauma and RJS. I see the inherent humor of the photoshopped 'S' however, from the comments I suspected there might another level of humor at work.

Humor and I have always had a strained relationship. (In other words I'm always having to ask people to explain why things are funny. huh )

Bob
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards