Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: stephnachia My Hometown could be it!!! - 03/12/10 10:22 AM
So I'm from Sugar Land, TX (currently living in Richmond a few miles outside of Sugar Land) and saw this article Google May Choose Sugar Land

That would be SO awesome! I know a few other Folcs live in the area too (Amberlea)... how awesome would it be to be Google's guinea pig! Go us! dance
Posted By: amberlea Re: My Hometown could be it!!! - 03/12/10 10:58 AM
I saw a banner for that at my 5yo's softball game last night. It's thinkgig.sugarlandtx.gov to give them your opinion on the fiber-to-home initiative. It would be very cool!

Amber
Posted By: EditorJax Re: My Hometown could be it!!! - 03/12/10 02:20 PM
Well now I'm REALLY going to have to come visit. I haven't unpacked yet (and it's been 12 whole hours since I got home; I'm clearly slipping) ... should I just turn around and go back to the airport? wink
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: My Hometown could be it!!! - 03/12/10 04:58 PM
How i'm near 59 i want to see too!
Posted By: stephnachia Re: My Hometown could be it!!! - 03/12/10 08:38 PM
Well now I'm REALLY going to have to come visit. I haven't unpacked yet (and it's been 12 whole hours since I got home; I'm clearly slipping) ... should I just turn around and go back to the airport?
Twin, I KNOW you're not being sarcastic, right? Don't be hatin.
Posted By: EditorJax Re: My Hometown could be it!!! - 03/12/10 11:31 PM
Twin, I KNOW you're not being sarcastic, right? Don't be hatin.
Hey, I have always wanted to come home from Maui ... and go straight to Texas. No hatin' here. laugh

Hee. You know I heart you, Twinny Twin Twin. sloppy

And I also heart Google. Just sayin.
Posted By: Chaos Re: My Hometown could be it!!! - 03/13/10 02:48 AM
Ah, now that the data kraken has substantial part of online pathways and data gathering systems, it goes after the real word data pathways. They'll be even faster at data gathering about everyone and everything.
Posted By: dcarson Re: My Hometown could be it!!! - 03/13/10 02:59 PM
Google has been buying so called dark fiber for years, when you run fiber the cost of adding extra strands is trivial compared to the digging etc.

Google probaly won't do more than the demo project for this however. What this does do it shows that google can do it. So when the the big ISPs make the attempt (like they have already) to make Google and other big sources pay for allowing the ISPs customers to reach them they can point out that they can bypass the ISP and hurt them badly.
Posted By: TOC Re: My Hometown could be it!!! - 03/13/10 10:34 PM
I hope Google chooses you, Steph! thumbsup

Ann
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards