Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Ultra Woman Meet another baby FOLC! - 10/22/09 05:32 PM
Hi, guys! hyper As I said in another thread I had preeclampsia when I was 30 weeks along. With 31 weeks I was admitted to the hospital and my doctor intended I could carry the gestation until 36 weeks. I was very swollen and my blood pressure was high and it got worse and worse. frown I was gaining about 2 pounds/day from the swelling and it seemed I was going to explode. I gained 60 pounds in about 20 days! I won't post pictures because I don't want even remember that time. After a week (I was 32 weeks along) my doctor decided we couldn't wait anymore and so I had a C-section on September, 17.

Kayla Lopes Leal was born with 3 pounds 9 oz and 16 inches. She was healthy, but as she was premature she had to stay at the hospital to gain weight. I spent the days at the hospital to breastfeed her. It was very tiresome, because I was recuperating from the C-section and the hospital was a two-hour drive from my house. I kept this routine for 30 days.

But, happily, she left the hospital on October, 17! I thank all the prayers and thoughts during this time. Now she's at home and we couldn't be happier! She is a very easy baby, sleeps well and just wakes up when she is hungry. She has gained weight and is reaching 5 pounds. Here are some pictures of her leaving the hospital and at home:

[Linked Image]
With the nurses and doctors on the day she left the hospital.

[Linked Image]
With Daddy, Mommy and a nurse.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Today at home.

She is a cutie, isn't she? blush

Andreia (proud mommy)
Posted By: carolm Re: Meet another baby FOLC! - 10/22/09 05:36 PM
YAY! I am so glad to hear that she's doing well! And so glad she's home! 4 weeks isn't too bad for a 32 weeker smile .

And yes - she's a cutie!

Have been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear it's going well!

Carol
Posted By: Karen Re: Meet another baby FOLC! - 10/22/09 06:25 PM
YAY! Congrats on your little girl, and she looks great!
Posted By: KathyB Re: Meet another baby FOLC! - 10/22/09 08:32 PM
Congratulations! She's absolutely adorable. I'm sorry you had such a rough time of it, but she's such a perfect little bundle that you'll hopefully forget all that and just enjoy her. Welcome, baby Kayla! laugh
Posted By: Shadow Re: Meet another baby FOLC! - 10/22/09 09:18 PM
What a cutie! Congratulations! I hope you and she are doing well at home now.

JD
dance
Posted By: EditorJax Re: Meet another baby FOLC! - 10/22/09 09:46 PM
What a little beauty! I love the name Kayla! Congrats to your whole family!
Posted By: TOC Re: Meet another baby FOLC! - 10/22/09 09:58 PM
Oh, she is adorable! Congratulations, Andreia! hyper sloppy

Ann
Posted By: Zoar3 Re: Meet another baby FOLC! - 10/23/09 04:39 PM
How sweet and cute, Andreia. Congrats! smile

Mona
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: Meet another baby FOLC! - 10/23/09 07:08 PM
Congratulations!

I've had experience with pre-e and I know how difficult and dangerous it can be. I'm so happy that you and baby Kayla are doing well and are both now home! Again, congrats on your little bundle of joy!
Posted By: Saskia Re: Meet another baby FOLC! - 10/24/09 02:41 AM
Congrats, Andreai! smile She looks absolutely adorable.

Saskia
Posted By: Quel Lane Re: Meet another baby FOLC! - 10/28/09 01:51 PM
Congratulations Andreia and Marcos! smile1

Raquel (who can't believe Allison is 2 months-old already smile )
Posted By: stephnachia Re: Meet another baby FOLC! - 10/29/09 10:21 AM
Congrats!!! What a beautiful little girl! And I also love her name. Hope she keeps sleeping for you. thumbsup
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards