Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Zombie epidemiology - 08/19/09 01:30 PM
Canadian researchers have carried out serious scientific studies of the epidemiology of zombie outbreaks...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8206280.stm
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: Zombie epidemiology - 08/19/09 02:02 PM
At first I thought it was something akin to the US studies on how bovine flatulence contributes to climate change (I kid you not), but it's really an attention-grabbing device for the real purpose. And the real purpose of the study is quite valid.

Werewolves are much more believable than zombies, don't you think?
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Zombie epidemiology - 08/19/09 02:13 PM
Well, it is a model for a model, that's for sure. But really, zombies?
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Zombie epidemiology - 08/19/09 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
At first I thought it was something akin to the US studies on how bovine flatulence contributes to climate change (I kid you not), but it's really an attention-grabbing device for the real purpose. And the real purpose of the study is quite valid.

Werewolves are much more believable than zombies, don't you think?
Well, I'm currently writing a werewolf story (a Marvel / Angel crossover) so I suppose I have to say yes. And no, since I really don't believe in either...
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Zombie epidemiology - 08/19/09 10:32 PM
I must highly recommend two books by Max Brooks:

"The Zombie Survival Guide" and "World War Z" .

Don't miss them. The first is chock-full of helpful advice which will certainly come in handy during the collapse of civilization from the rampaging zombie hordes which are out to eat your liver.

The second is a thoughtful commentary of the things that happened during the great Zombie War. Highly recommended.
Posted By: TOC Re: Zombie epidemiology - 08/20/09 11:04 AM
At first I thought it was something akin to the US studies on how bovine flatulence contributes to climate change
Ah, Terry, I just recently listened to a science radio documentary which claimed that it is not so much the bovine flatulence that contributes to climate change so much as bovine burps. (And also the fact that there are so many more burping cows these days than there used to be, before there were so many of us and before we ate so many steaks.)

Yep, I, too, read about the serious research into zombie science. I'm just wondering... where do these people get their grants?

Congrats on your 500th post, Iolanthealias!

Ann
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards