Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: StarKat Funny Disney Video - 04/07/09 04:02 PM
From the looks of things, Disney's been doing a lot of copying . . . itself! This is a funny video:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1906578

Tara
Posted By: Vicki Re: Funny Disney Video - 04/07/09 07:14 PM
LOL! That was so funny! I have seen all of those movies, and never noticed the similarities. Shrewd business men those Disney folks. These templates sure must cut down on production costs! laugh
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Funny Disney Video - 04/07/09 10:00 PM
Wow! I wonder if this is deliberate - an homage - (or a moneysaver) or if it's just the "Disney style" throughout the decades?
Posted By: bobbart Re: Funny Disney Video - 04/07/09 10:39 PM
That was AMAZING! I've seen all those movies and never noticed that.

The similarities are far to precise for this to be any kind of "style" issue.

They copied!

Now, perhaps it was to pay tribute to the earlier movies or maybe it was pure cost control but whatever the base reason, I am completely convinced that this is copying!

Bob
Posted By: StarKat Re: Funny Disney Video - 04/07/09 11:13 PM
I got my husband to watch it, mostly because it's funny, but partly because he knows a bit about animation. He said that animators have templates like that that they re-use often. So yeah, definitely copying. So, that would make it a money and time saver.

Tara
Posted By: Tarkas Re: Funny Disney Video - 04/08/09 09:57 AM
It's interesting to see that most of the "copying" is shown to occur in a very few films -- one or two. Robin Hood seems to be the worst offender, liberally using stuff from Snow White and The Jungle Book amongst others. The other one that crops up a lot may be Basil the Great Mouse Detective -- haven't seen it, so I can't recognise scenes or characters. Weren't both of those films products of Disney in the 80s when they were on a bit of a downswing creatively and financially? If so, it makes sense to re-use what they could -- though all those shots of "Maid Marian" cribbed from other films do seem a bit much when you see them all together...

Phil
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards