Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: EditorJax Loooooook what I got! - 04/06/09 09:04 PM
She's too modest to mention it herself, but I have to show off what our very own Kltpzyxm, aka Lauren, made me as my baby-shower gift. <swoon>

If anyone is going to appreciate this work of art, I know it will be fellow FoLCs.

She also told me that no, the quilt is not for me, it's for the BABY, but you know, what she doesn't know won't hurt her. wink

[Linked Image]

And a close up:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kltpzyxm Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/06/09 09:07 PM
Aww, thanks for posting this. I'm so glad you liked it!

Silly girl, I told you that you can use it as long as the baby is still inside you. Also, I believe I did say that if you fail to turn this child into a Superman fan, you may keep it for yourself. However, I think that would be terrible parenting on your part. wink
That is stunning.

How many hours of work went into that, because it is amazing!!!

Your baby is so very lucky!!!

Does Lauren take orders because my daughter now want one (as she walked in while I was reading the post). wink
I'm willing to pay!

that's one of the most amazing baby shower gifts I've ever seen!!
Posted By: daisymay390 Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/06/09 09:11 PM
Awww, that is so cute!

I'm sure baby won't mind if you borrow it wink
Kate
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/06/09 10:26 PM
That is the coolest thing ever.
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/07/09 05:18 AM
Amazing! thumbsup
Posted By: Artemis Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/07/09 10:19 AM
That is a really great quilt, both for the topic and work put into it. I hang out with quilters, so I know what all is involved. That is great work!
cool
Artemis
Posted By: ccmalo Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/07/09 11:05 AM
Let me add my admiration, too. It's a treasure.

c.
Posted By: Shadow Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/07/09 11:43 AM
That's just beautiful! dance

JD
Posted By: TOC Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/07/09 12:09 PM
Awww, that's just lovely!!!

Ann
Posted By: Jenni Debb Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/08/09 01:11 AM
Hi,

Jenn, you and baby are so lucky.

What a lovely gift. smile

Yours Jenni
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/08/09 04:23 AM
Beautiful and amazing work!
Posted By: BJ Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/09/09 06:58 AM
Wow! That quilt is amazing. I've tied quilts before, but the stitching that this quilt required is a skill waaaay beyond me.

and since I've neglected to say it before now, congratulations on the baby, Jenn. It's an incredible adventure.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/09/09 05:23 PM
Wow - that is seriously cool. I am clueless about crafts, but I'd love to be able to put together something this beautiful. Kudos!

LabRat smile
Posted By: Sue S. Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/09/09 05:55 PM
Lauren! You rock! That's a lot of hard work. Heck, just finding those nifty fabrics was genius, and the design is very fun and imaginative.

I think you could set up a little cottage industry, if you were so inclined. thumbsup
Posted By: Jess Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/09/09 06:29 PM
jawdrop Thats what my jaw actually did when I saw this picture. That was followed by the words "I want one" So cool and amazing! The baby is VERY lucky! You did a wonderful job, that takes a lot of skill!
Posted By: Kltpzyxm Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/09/09 08:01 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. smile It's nice to have something you've worked hard on appreciated. laugh I'm just glad Jenn liked it!
Posted By: Artemis Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/09/09 08:08 PM
I really like the touch of the stars in the yellow squares. It's a super duper quilt when the stitching reflects the theme. Klpt, do you quilt other things and send them in for judging? I've got friends who have won state and national shows.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: EditorJax Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/09/09 08:29 PM
/me sets up home-security system in case anyone tries to steal her quilt. peep

And if you do try, please, feel free to help yourself to a cat or two on the way out.
Posted By: Kltpzyxm Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/09/09 08:30 PM
lol, no. Actually, this is only the 4th quilt I've ever completed, and only the 3rd without extensive help from my mom. I still have LOTS to learn.
Posted By: Carolyn Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/12/09 02:37 PM
WOW, that quilt it's sooo beautiful that if it were mine I'd think twice if I should use it or just hang it on the wall for everyone to admire it laugh

Amazing job Kltpzyxm!

Carolyn smile
Posted By: TicAndToc Re: Loooooook what I got! - 04/12/09 10:49 PM
Beautiful! What a sweet idea and what a beautiful gift - destined to become an heirloom - that Jenn has received, Lauren. notworthy

And rotflol
And if you do try, please, feel free to help yourself to a cat or two on the way out.
I don't suppose you're talking about quilted cats, either, are you?

'Toc
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards