Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Mister Data Congrats to Marcus Rowland - 02/03/09 08:31 PM
Congratulations to Marcus on winning three award this year at Twisting the Hellmouth's 2008 Cross Over Awards!

Best Portrayal of Angel/Angelus
Bring Me The Head of Harry Potter

Best Portrayal of Fred/Illyria
The Key to Byzantium

Malana's "Aliens, Spaceships & Ray-Guns"
Omphalos

I have read all of them and they are fine stories. (I'll put the proper links in later.

James
Posted By: Artemis Re: Congrats to Marcus Rowland - 02/03/09 08:40 PM
Congratulations, Marcus! hail hail
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Zoar3 Re: Congrats to Marcus Rowland - 02/03/09 08:58 PM
Congrats Marcus. smile

Mona
Posted By: ccmalo Re: Congrats to Marcus Rowland - 02/04/09 04:14 AM
my congrats, also, Marcus. clap

c.
Posted By: TOC Re: Congrats to Marcus Rowland - 02/04/09 04:57 AM
Me too. Congrats!

Ann
Posted By: LabRat Re: Congrats to Marcus Rowland - 02/04/09 06:09 AM
Well done! Very well deserved. dance

LabRat smile
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Congrats to Marcus Rowland - 02/04/09 11:13 AM
Thanks, everyone - None of them are L&C stories, I'm afraid, which is why I didn't post about it myself. The odd part is that they're all fairly old stories - and The Key to Byzantium is actually technically inelibible for its award, since it isn't primarily about that character, despite getting twice as many votes as any of the other nominees. They've decided the award stands, since the moderators should have caught the error before voting began. Annoyingly, none of my new stuff made it to the final vote, but those awards are a bit of a lottery really so I'm not too worried about it.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Congrats to Marcus Rowland - 02/04/09 01:12 PM
WTG, Marcus!

PJ
Posted By: SapphireBlue Re: Congrats to Marcus Rowland - 02/05/09 11:41 PM
Congrats, Marcus!!
Posted By: dcarson Re: Congrats to Marcus Rowland - 02/06/09 08:52 PM
Congrats. You write excellent stories. And have some of the most twisted crossovers.
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Congrats to Marcus Rowland - 02/07/09 07:34 AM
Marcus has 79+ stories and a few of them are strung together as Series .

My two favorit are the Slayers/CSI (Las Vegas) (only one of the stories is rated for FR18/R) and the Family Issues series. The second story Family Issues series is a little on the dark side involving character death, but it is handled well.

James
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Congrats to Marcus Rowland - 02/20/09 04:01 PM
The latest development on these awards is that due to problems with another story they had to review all award winners to make sure that they didn't break any rules - because the other author was (to say the least) causing problems they couldn't be seen to be playing favourites or making any exceptions.

The result is that The Key to Byzantium did lose its award in the end - no great surprise since it was nominated in error. There is now a huge argument in progress on their discussion boards about the other disqualified story, which must be very annoying for everyone involved, but from my point of view is a lot more entertaining than the story ever was...
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Congrats to Marcus Rowland - 02/20/09 04:40 PM
Still, congratulations to you, Marcus. clap
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards