Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ChiefPam New puppy! - 01/31/09 10:24 AM
In some happy news... the Jernigan household has added a new member. A 10-week old male Welsh Corgi, and he's adorable. If I figure out how to get pictures on here, I will -- I should be able to share the album that's on Facebook even to non-members but Facebook is crashing on me right now <sigh>

We named him Teal'c. I know some of you know where we got that name laugh

Okay, gotta go walk the puppy now!

PJ
Posted By: TOC Re: New puppy! - 01/31/09 11:45 AM
Is he anything like this, Pam?

[Linked Image]

Well, if he's half as cute as this one, he must be totally adorable!!!

Ann
Posted By: LabRat Re: New puppy! - 01/31/09 12:47 PM
I love when puppies are at that stage when they are too small for their ears. goofy

As for Teal'c - here's hoping he grows up to be as big and strong as his namesake, Pam! clap

LabRat smile
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: New puppy! - 01/31/09 01:13 PM
I totally freaked on Facebook when I found out there was a folc corgi around. BAHHHHH I LOVE corgis and my eyes get all misty when I see one.

I had a corgi when I was 10 and she passed away on my brother's birthday (fun) just before I turned 28. Her name was Sally. She was a corgi mutt, but there was no mistakin' her awesome corgi-ness.

ROCK ON and have many fun days with the little dwarf of dogs!!! YIPPEE!!!

I saw the pics and your puppy is ADORABLE!!

I'm psyched for you.
Posted By: Bethy Re: New puppy! - 01/31/09 02:29 PM
You named your puppy Teal'c! That is spectacular! Does he do the one eyebrow thing? smile

Congrats on the new addition and have fun with him.

{wants a dog}

Bethy
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: New puppy! - 01/31/09 03:10 PM
The pet store has a nice website; this is his page: http://www.petpadpets.com/1-20_Corgi.htm

Sooner or later they'll take down his page, I suppose...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's not a generic Corgi, that's Teal'c. smile

PJ
Posted By: Shadow Re: New puppy! - 01/31/09 03:30 PM
What a cute puppy!!!

And heh, you learn something new every day. I'm pretty pop culture deficient so I googled Teal'c. :p

JD
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: New puppy! - 01/31/09 03:41 PM
Did you save the pics on your computer?

When I adopted my current dog, Seamus, I saved the pictures they had up at the rescue shelter. He looked so pathetic. I want to eventually get prints. I swear he grew so much during the two day adoption! I'm glad I kept them.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: New puppy! - 01/31/09 03:57 PM
Cute! Back when I was a kid Corgi was one of the big British makers of toy cars, the dog on their logo looked a lot like that only presumably a bit older. I just checked and they're still around.

[Linked Image]

Looks like these days they're VERY expensive.
Posted By: Artemis Re: New puppy! - 01/31/09 04:10 PM
A cute dog for a cute name. Yes, oh yes, I know Teal'c. Or as Jack says "T". Boy, I miss that show!
Anyway, here in SoCal, they also have the antithesis of the Rose Parade, called the "Do-Dah Parade" with featured acts like the "Briefcase Drill Team". The year we went they had the Corgi club with a Bentley convertible carrying a Queen look-alike waving the Queen wave and a field of folks in '50's garb with corgis on leashes. People around us seemed mystified, but I yelled out "Yay, corgis!"
I understand HM* is the only one who can get her corgis to obey and she feeds them personally.
cool
Artemis
*Her Majesty for those who don't know.
Posted By: TOC Re: New puppy! - 01/31/09 11:34 PM
Yep, Queen Elizabeth of England is known for her love of Corgi dogs!

[Linked Image]

Ann
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: New puppy! - 02/01/09 08:05 AM
Well, if they're good enough for Her Majesty, they're good enough for me smile

He's settling in nicely -- except Kelley keeps forgetting his name! See, last fall, Marissa's class studied small animals/insects and then sent them home with kids after the unit was over. Which is how Marissa became the proud owner of a giant millipede (shudder). For reasons of her own, she named the millipede Jeremy. She keeps him in a cage in her room & mists him everyday, feeds him leaves & raw potatoes, etc. I make sure the lid is always put back on tight. So anyway, Kelley keeps calling the dog Jeremy. laugh

I must say, I'm happy about the way doggie chores are settling out. Kelley & Marissa are the main dog-walkers. Not that I would mind taking him out, but it's freezing out there!

PJ
Posted By: Classicalla Re: New puppy! - 02/01/09 08:51 PM
Awwww.... Such a cute puppy! I want one.

(And I'm glad you are the one with the millipede in your house 'cause I just think they are freaky.)
Posted By: Zoar3 Re: New puppy! - 02/02/09 03:14 PM
Aw, super cute puppy. smile

Mona
Posted By: Mister Data Re: New puppy! - 02/02/09 07:10 PM
Now all you have to do is teach him to bark "Indeed!"

James
Posted By: Karen Re: New puppy! - 02/02/09 07:53 PM
Aww, cute Teal'c! laugh I love his markings.
Posted By: bellarase Re: New puppy! - 02/02/09 09:40 PM
Oh too cute!! Congrats!!
Posted By: stephnachia Re: New puppy! - 02/03/09 07:38 AM
I think I want a Corgi now. How can anything be that cute?! I guess one of the reasons I've always been hesitant to get one is all the shedding... but with a face like that, it's soo worth it.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards