Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ChiefPam Facebook newbie - 01/03/09 12:12 PM
Well, I'm late to the party, but I kept hearing about Facebook, so I'm now officially registered as "Pam Jernigan"

Who else is out there? That wouldn't mind being my friend, I mean goofy

PJ
Posted By: Jess Re: Facebook newbie - 01/03/09 12:38 PM
I am a facebook fanatic (kinda happens being in college) Searched for you and wanted to make sure its you since there are a few with your name. Are you in the Raleigh / Durham, NC network?!?!

~Jess
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Facebook newbie - 01/03/09 01:28 PM
Yeah, Raleigh-Durham is me. The picture is me with a very special ficus tree. wink

PJ
Posted By: Jess Re: Facebook newbie - 01/03/09 01:38 PM
You have been friended!!!
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Facebook newbie - 01/03/09 02:49 PM
yay!

So far, all my friends had been from my church, which is great, but it's weird seeing them online when I see them twice a week or so laugh

And I discovered my church has a Facebook group. Not sure what that means yet, but it sounds cool. smile

PJ
Posted By: EditorJax Re: Facebook newbie - 01/03/09 05:25 PM
Welcome to the crack den, Pam! I'll add you and then send you an invite to the FoLC group ... there are a lot of us wandering around. wink
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: Facebook newbie - 01/03/09 06:19 PM
I'm there too! I'll add you to my friend list also.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Facebook newbie - 01/03/09 08:35 PM
Lol, Jen, I already see what you mean about a crack den! I was out to dinner with my husband and kept checking my email on my phone to see who wanted to be my friend laugh And now I'm signed up for Facebook Mobile so I'll never escape, never...! It'll take me awhile to match up names here with names there, I think.

PJ
Posted By: Shadow Re: Facebook newbie - 01/03/09 09:30 PM
Nice! I'll add you. My network(s) is SCAD and Savannah, GA if you see a random person named JD pop up. :p

JD
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Facebook newbie - 01/03/09 09:54 PM
I'm on there too. I should be the only (last name removed... sorry comes up in a google search... please message me and I'll tell you smile smile smile ).

I'm addicted to the Pet Society App.

There's a Folc Group? I haven't checked for any sort of LnC group since I signed up on Facebook.
Posted By: Rona V. Re: Facebook newbie - 01/04/09 12:14 AM
I had no idea there was a FoLC group on facebook. I've become a facebook junkie. How can I find/join this FoLC group? There's a lot of Lois and Clark groups out there. smile
Posted By: Squirky Re: Facebook newbie - 01/04/09 12:31 AM
Yay for new friends! I sent you one, as Kelly. smile

In the search bar in the top right, just type in Lois and Clark and see what you come up with. Or, conversely, just look at the groups I'm in for FoLC, lol!

Good luck trying to keep yourself off of it - the people above are right - it is crack!
Posted By: smileyd Re: Facebook newbie - 01/04/09 01:38 PM
wow, I'm glad more folcs are finding facebook, even though I've not been a very good folc this year.

I'm there too, easy way: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=688245639&ref=name
Posted By: Jess Re: Facebook newbie - 01/04/09 09:26 PM
I Love New Friends on Facebook!! I anyone wants to find me I'm under Jess Freed. Ramapo 09' network as well as Jersey Shore, NJ.
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: Facebook newbie - 01/04/09 10:09 PM
If anyone else wishes to add me I'm Pei-Jean Lu the only one, but should anymore pop up I'm in the Australia network. Just let me know that you are from this board and your board name otherwise I'll ignore you. I've had a couple of people request me as their friend and I don't even know them and have no mutual friends with them.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Facebook newbie - 01/05/09 12:10 PM
Ah! I'd been wondering who Pei-Jean Lu was goofy Glad to have that cleared up...

PJ
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Re: Facebook newbie - 01/05/09 02:57 PM
Hi Chief smile1
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Facebook newbie - 01/05/09 09:02 PM
Erica, I recognized your name -- of course I want you as a friend smile Now you, too, can get updates on when I go to the grocery store! goofy

PJ
Posted By: Lisamaree, the Evil Kiwi Re: Facebook newbie - 01/09/09 07:13 AM
I know I'm late posting here... but I friended you too Pam (and you accepted)... but I guess it is pretty obvious who I am since I have the same first name here as well. wink

Nice to see the folc network grow on Facebook.
Posted By: stephnachia Re: Facebook newbie - 01/10/09 12:33 PM
I too love FB. If anyone wants to friend me, I'm Stephanie Johnson Pfenninger. The only one I'm pretty sure but just in case, Houston, TX Network.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Facebook newbie - 01/10/09 01:25 PM
Friended smile

I'm having so much fun with this... somewhat to the detriment of my real life wink My favorite game is Pet Society, and I think everybody ought to check it out... the more friends I have on there, the better <g>

PJ
Posted By: cp33 Re: Facebook newbie - 01/17/09 09:39 PM
I just got an Facebook and have had a blast reconnecting with old friends from high school and college. Add me to the list that didn't know there was a FOLC group.

Pam can I friend you?
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Facebook newbie - 01/19/09 10:29 PM
I'm fairly new to FaceBook, too, and am still finding my way around. I can't seem to figure out how to find the FoLC group. All I get are people that apparently have that last name. Help?
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Facebook newbie - 01/20/09 06:32 AM
CP and Classicella,

Go ahead and send me a friend request (I'm the "Pam Jernigan" in the Raleigh-Durham network) and I can suggest FOLC friends for you. I've got at least 20 by now. smile

Also, there's a group for L&C (several, actually) so you could join those and browse around for familiar names. The trouble, of course, is that if you only know someone by their nick, you won't recognize their real name, so if you send a note saying "hi, I'm such-and-so from the boards" or "looking for FOLC friends" that'll probably expedite things.

PJ
who's been on vacation most of last week and therefore hasn't checked the boards too much
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Re: Facebook newbie - 01/20/09 02:48 PM
How about we start listing the FoLCs around that would like to be added to all our facebook lists?

Anyone, you can find me there as Erica Dias Brazil network. I'm the smiley one in blue. laugh
Posted By: bellarase Re: Facebook newbie - 01/20/09 05:21 PM
Which is the FoLC group? I joined Lois and Clark group but wasn't sure if it was the 'right' one

Add me to the obsessed with FB list. *headdesk*
Posted By: carolm Re: Facebook newbie - 01/20/09 05:26 PM
I just searched for FoLC and found it [says something to the effect of 'if you're a real fan you'll know what that means wink ' on the main page].

I'm Carol Mfolc b/c I don't normally put my 'real' name out there so... I'd imagine that's what at least some of the other 'last names' are... It wouldn't let me use just Carol M...

Carol
Posted By: bellarase Re: Facebook newbie - 01/20/09 05:42 PM
Originally posted by carolm:
I just searched for FoLC and found it [says something to the effect of 'if you're a real fan you'll know what that means wink ' on the main page].

I'm Carol Mfolc b/c I don't normally put my 'real' name out there so... I'd imagine that's what at least some of the other 'last names' are... It wouldn't let me use just Carol M...

Carol
Oh thanks! Found it. Although I'm going to have to do an 'alternate' facebook account thing - I don't want people in my real life spying on me, LOL. Closet fan? You betcha thumbsup
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Facebook newbie - 02/01/09 09:25 PM
Hey, bellaratta - I'm thinking maybe it's a good idea to have two ID's, too. Oh, well... I just went through and asked to be friends with as many FoLC's as I could find - mostly using this topic and Pam's list.

And has anyone else thought some of those funky curvy words (can't remember what they are called right now) are hard to read?
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards