Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: carolm RIP Beverly Garland [Ellen Lane] - 12/06/08 08:04 PM
Just read this:

Beverly Garland dies at 82

So sad frown .

I also can't believe that she would have been in her late60s/early 70s on L/C.

Carol
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: RIP Beverly Garland [Ellen Lane] - 12/06/08 09:50 PM
That is sad. But I thought he was younger than that!?
Posted By: groobie Re: RIP Beverly Garland [Ellen Lane] - 12/06/08 10:01 PM
I wasn't aware of how far back her career stretched. I knew her from Remington Steele and Scarecrow and Mrs. King (being a child of the '80s) and, of course, Lois and Clark, but was impressed by all the other roles she had. That picture of her is gorgeous! This is sad news for her fans.
Posted By: TOC Re: RIP Beverly Garland [Ellen Lane] - 12/06/08 11:48 PM
That's sad news.

What a lot of roles she played. She was certainly an actress. And like others have said, it's hard to believe that she was almost seventy when she played Ellen Lane on LnC.

Ann
Posted By: LabRat Re: RIP Beverly Garland [Ellen Lane] - 12/07/08 12:16 AM
Sad news. But, yes, I was surprised to hear her age, too.

Sounds like she was a real-life Lois Lane - grabbing life by the scruff of its neck on her own terms.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Jenni Debb Re: RIP Beverly Garland [Ellen Lane] - 12/07/08 01:09 PM
It is sad news, and it is difficult to believe she was around seventy when she played Ellen Lane.

Jenni
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: RIP Beverly Garland [Ellen Lane] - 12/07/08 04:57 PM
I just came across it on another site...gee.

Rest in peace.
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: RIP Beverly Garland [Ellen Lane] - 12/07/08 09:43 PM
I remember seeing her on an old episode of My Three Sons on TV not too long after she was on L&C. I never realised her career streched so far back.

Rest in Peace Beverly.
Posted By: In4Adventure Re: RIP Beverly Garland [Ellen Lane] - 12/08/08 09:34 AM
Wow. The news took me completely by surprise.

I met Beverly Garland at LAFF 2000 or 2001 and she was such a gracious person, a lot of fun to be around.

She showed up at the costume party as the surprise guest and I was wearing my bellydancer outfit. blush I was so embarassed to meet her like that but I still had my picture taken with her anyway. She certainly made me feel at ease. smile

Rest in peace, Beverly Garland.

Natascha
Posted By: Classicalla Re: RIP Beverly Garland [Ellen Lane] - 12/18/08 09:34 PM
wasn't aware of how far back her career stretched. I knew her from Remington Steele and Scarecrow and Mrs. King
I also remember My Three Sons.

I hate to hear this but may she rest in peace.
Posted By: Meerkat Re: RIP Beverly Garland [Ellen Lane] - 12/30/08 06:05 PM
I remember her from when she played Kate Jackson's mother on Scarecrow and Mrs. King, another favorite show. I always thought it funny that an actress could play the mother to two of my favorite heroines more than ten years apart. Although not quite as weird as Mary Steenburgen playing the mother on a movie I loved from a movie I loved in 1985 and then again on Joan of Arcadia in 2003. Speaking of not aging...
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards