Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Marcus Rowland The Empire Plays Ukulele - 12/03/08 01:55 PM
Weirdest version of the Star Wars march EVER!

http://ukulelevideos.blogspot.com/2008/02/kuricorder-quartet-imperial-march.html
Posted By: Mister Data Re: The Empire Plays Ukulele - 12/04/08 09:14 AM
I was trying to not laugh so hard I finally had to turn it off.

That was a riot!

James
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: The Empire Plays Ukulele - 12/04/08 09:54 AM
What was the guy on the far left playing? It looked like he was blowing into a tube and pressing keys on a handheld keyboard.

The uke player was good. I've never heard anyone play melody on that instrument before, although there's really no reason not to.

I started laughing as soon as I saw the instruments. Never seen a uke and a tuba in the same band. That was hysterical, partly because they played the tune so well.
Posted By: TOC Re: The Empire Plays Ukulele - 12/04/08 10:47 AM
I'm just waiting for Darth Vader to enter from the left, wearing a gentlemanly hat...

[Linked Image]

...on top of his triangular headgear...

[Linked Image]

...and dragging along a set of timpani:

[Linked Image]

And maybe Luke Skywalker can dance?

[Linked Image]

Ann
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: The Empire Plays Ukulele - 12/05/08 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
What was the guy on the far left playing? It looked like he was blowing into a tube and pressing keys on a handheld keyboard.

The uke player was good. I've never heard anyone play melody on that instrument before, although there's really no reason not to.

I started laughing as soon as I saw the instruments. Never seen a uke and a tuba in the same band. That was hysterical, partly because they played the tune so well.
You really want to check out the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, they've made some extraordinary recordings. Some of the others on that blog are pretty good too.
Posted By: AmyN Re: The Empire Plays Ukulele - 12/05/08 06:09 PM
The guy was playing a melodica smile1

AmyN
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: The Empire Plays Ukulele - 12/06/08 01:16 AM
Marcus!!! I love the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain they are such talented musicians. ^___^

Loved this one as well. smile Thanks for sharing.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards