Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Vicki What is that? - 07/10/08 05:54 PM
Is the icon next to the message board's URL address on my browser a donut? If not, what is it?

Am I the only one who thinks of a pregnant woman's belly button every time she sees it?
Posted By: carolm Re: What is that? - 07/10/08 06:06 PM
Looks like a lightbulb to me...

Carol
Posted By: Vicki Re: What is that? - 07/10/08 06:16 PM
A lightbulb? Are we looking at the same thing? Is what you see round and pink, with a darker pink center?
Posted By: carolm Re: What is that? - 07/10/08 06:20 PM
Nope. Yellow and lightbulb looking... wink

Carol
Posted By: HatMan Re: What is that? - 07/10/08 08:09 PM
If you're talking about this: [img]http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/favicon.ico[/img]

It is, indeed, a lightbulb. Kind of like the one at the top left corner of this post, near the timestamp. Yellow bulb with a little filament inside, and then a little grey screw underneath it.

It's the (old) Infopop logo. They're the people who made the MB software.

At least, that's what I see. Don't know why it would show up as pink for you. Unless it's the wrong icon. I've had that happen sometimes, where the browser uses an icon from a different website for some reason.
Posted By: malu Re: What is that? - 07/10/08 09:31 PM
I see a light bulb, too.

malu
Posted By: stephnachia Re: What is that? - 07/11/08 01:54 PM
Mine's a light bulb too. Vicki, maybe you have some sort of donut theme on your computer. huh Hee hee
Posted By: Vicki Re: What is that? - 07/11/08 02:44 PM
I have no idea why I was seeing a pink donut... if it was a donut. confused I had several people look at it and no-one knew what it was. Most people either said a pink donut or a pregnant lady's belly (that's what I thought it looked like goofy )

Anyway, for some reason, after 3 days of the pink donut, I'm now seeing a yellow lightbulb. Go figure. :rolleyes:
Posted By: LabRat Re: What is that? - 07/11/08 04:35 PM
Computers. You gotta love 'em.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: What is that? - 07/12/08 01:54 PM
They're called favicons, and they appear if the site has a file containing the graphic - the snag is that the file has to be called favicon.ico, regardless of what site it's on, and from time to time browsers get confused about which favicon.ico they should display, and get one from the cache, rather than showing the one the site actually uses.

Since they don't really do much except make it more obvious you're on the page you want, and make it just a little easier to find the site on your bookmarks page (if your browser saves them at all), nobody seems to be making much of an effort to make them more reliable.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards