Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Trinity Identify the spoilers - 05/05/08 10:01 PM
The following picture contains spoilers from several (mostly) movies. Can you name each film the spoiler comes from?

(No cheating and looking at others' responses!)

[Linked Image]

I'm proud to say I only had trouble with two of them. smile
Posted By: stephnachia Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/06/08 08:26 AM
Okay let me see... my answers below.

Empire Strikes Back laugh
Planet of the Apes
Usual Suspects
Matrix
Fight Club
One of the Harry Potters
The 6th Sense
Psycho
The Others
The Village

And I'm ashamed to say, most of the other movies I haven't seen though I'm pretty sure I could guess from what the clue is. This was fun!!
Posted By: gr8shadesofElvis Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/06/08 08:40 AM
Also

Dallas
Donnie Darko
Citizen Kane
A Beautiful Mind
(I think)

Can someone explain 'Soylent Green is people' to me please. Lois says it somewhere and I've never got the reference. Presumably there's people in this stuff instead of whatever it's supposed to be. What's the film?

Edit: never mind, thanks google. wink
Posted By: Olive Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/06/08 09:49 AM
And also... Soylent Green
Posted By: Olive Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/06/08 09:53 AM
Soylent Green was a movie from 1973. It portrays a dystopian world (probably Tempus is trying to move there. I think it's his kind of thing). wink

I've only seen it once and I think Charlton Heston's in it.
Posted By: Eva Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/06/08 11:01 AM
Hey, nice game, Trin smile

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E

I don't think "The Crying Game" was mentioned yet - beautiful film *sob

Don't know from which movies "It was earth all along" and "The villagers sacrifice the policeman" are. (One is probably from "Planet of the Apes", which Steph mentioned, but which I never watched.)

Eva
Posted By: stephnachia Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/06/08 11:18 AM
Don't know from which movies "It was earth all along" and "The villagers sacrifice the policeman" are. (One is probably from "Planet of the Apes", which Steph mentioned, but which I never watched.)
Yup! The first quote is from Planet of the Apes. I don't know what the policeman one is from either...
Posted By: TOC Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/06/08 07:11 PM
Some great films here. I love really unexpected endings. The ending of Fight Club must be one of my favorites. Wow. The Sixth Sense was good that way, too, and The Crying Game. Citizen Kane is kind of depressing, and it's hard to like the main character much, but it's a good film anyway, again with an unexpected ending.

There are two films I can't identify, even with the help of the rest of you. Verbal is Keyser Soze? And I, too, don't recognize the villagers who sacrifice the policeman.

What a fun game, Trin! smile

Ann
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/06/08 07:42 PM
Let's see......

Star Wars
Usual Suspects
Crying Game
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Sixth Sense
Matrix
Lost?
Citizen Kane
The Village
A Beautiful Mind
Donnie Darko
Posted By: stephnachia Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/07/08 07:25 AM
There are two films I can't identify, even with the help of the rest of you. Verbal is Keyser Soze?
That one is from The Usual Suspects. Maybe the policeman one is from the Crying Game?? I've seen that one mentioned a couple times now and my deductive reasoning skills have led me to the policeman quote. Anyone wanna confirm?
Posted By: Eva Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/07/08 07:30 AM
Steph: Thanks for the info on "Planet of the Apes", and no, "Dil is a man" is the spoiler for "The Crying Game". The Policeman must be something else ...
Posted By: gr8shadesofElvis Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/07/08 09:13 AM
The sacrificed policeman is from The Wicker Man.
Posted By: Allie Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/14/08 10:53 AM
Soylent green is about a dystopian future where overpopulation is a huge problem. The government encourages suicide, and meat is something most people only dream of. Luckily they can eat "soylent green" which is supposedly harvested from the oceans. But Charton Heston finds out otherwise ... gasp.. at the end of the movie.
Posted By: stephnachia Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/14/08 11:07 AM
Okay, just to be sure we've solved all of them... I'll go from left to right.

Empire Strikes Back
Planet of the Apes
The Usual Suspects
The Wicker Man
The Crying Game
Dallas
Harry Potter
The 6th Sense
Matrix
Fight Club
Citizen Kane
The Others
Psycho
Soylent Green
The Village
A Beautiful Mind
Donnie Darko

Does everyone agree? Did we leave any out?
Posted By: Trinity Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/14/08 03:13 PM
Nope, that's all of them. wink
Posted By: LabRat Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/15/08 04:09 AM
The Wicker Man is a cult British horror movie from the 1970's. As such, I got the reference right away, but I'm not surprised that it was harder for the rest of you. laugh

A stiffly moral policeman goes to a remote Scottish island to investigate the disappearance of a young local woman. The sense of tension, suspense and paranoia builds until he gradually realises that the crime was a lure to get him there and that the islanders are really a pagan cult who have chosen him as their harvest sacrifice. He is caged in the chest of a gigantic effigy made of wicker, which is then set on fire.

It was one of those cheap budget movies that somehow became a classic, thanks to a happy convergence of talents and, especially, strong performances, particularly from Edward Woodward as the unfortunate hero.

Anyway, Wiki has an interesting article on it for those interested (I just love its revelation from the DVD commentary that the suits wanted a more upbeat ending and suggested that a sudden rain should put out the wicker man's flames. LOL! Glad the producers resisted that one.)

LabRat smile

The Wicker Man
Posted By: Karen Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/15/08 06:55 AM
Actually, I'm sorta surprised other people didn't get it. It was remade recently with Nicholas Cage as the policeman. Then again, since the movie apparently sucked, maybe I'm not surprised... laugh
Posted By: stephnachia Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/15/08 08:07 AM
Actually, I'm sorta surprised other people didn't get it. It was remade recently with Nicholas Cage as the policeman. Then again, since the movie apparently sucked, maybe I'm not surprised...
Ha! Actually, I was thinking there was only the Nicolas Cage one and I had heard it sucked so never saw it. But Labby, the original sounds very intriguing. Me thinks I will need to watch these movies that I haven't seen (especially Soylent Green). That one sounds so good!
Posted By: Michael Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/16/08 10:23 AM
I could be mis-remembering it (my age is starting to show in the most inconvenient ways), but wasn't "Soylent Green" adapted from the Harry Harrison book, "Make Room, Make Room"?
Posted By: TOC Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/16/08 10:54 AM
I think you are right about that, Michael.

Ann
Posted By: Michael Re: Identify the spoilers - 05/16/08 11:54 AM
I thought I remembered reading it when I was a kid and saying to myself, "That's where that comes from."

I loved his Stainless Steel Rat books, but that one surprised me a little. *shiver*
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards