Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: gr8shadesofElvis Hiccup - 04/27/08 03:53 PM
Glad we're back up. dance

But I'm not staying logged in anywhere other than in the window I logged in on. Does that make sense? If I open a new window it tells me I need to login. frown
Posted By: stephnachia Re: Hiccup - 04/27/08 04:06 PM
hmmmm... i Haven't had any problems but I don't usually have a new window pop open. Do you mean when you click on say... a thread and it takes you to another view/screen or whatever?? Maybe you should email Annette? huh
Posted By: Beth S. Re: Hiccup - 04/27/08 04:12 PM
gr8, I know what you mean. If I open a new window and type in the old URL, then it tells me to sign in. But if I type in the new URL (www.wildflower...), then I'm logged in.
Posted By: gr8shadesofElvis Re: Hiccup - 04/27/08 04:19 PM
Ok, when I open the home page it says to log in, but as soon as I open a forum I'm logged in again. I can live with that! smile
(plus didn't notice the wildflower thing, so yeah, got it! It's working now. blush )
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: Hiccup - 04/27/08 04:39 PM
Another thing I've noticed is that I can't access any stories in TOC's because they are still linked to the old site.
Posted By: malu Re: Hiccup - 04/27/08 05:02 PM
I don't seem to have any problems, with logging in or TOC links. Could it be that your browser is using the old cookies (from before the move)? Try deleting the board's cookies (use the "My Profile" link) and see if it helps.

By the way, what is this "new URL wildflower" you were mentioning, Beth? I don't see it anywhere.

malu
Posted By: amciotola Re: Hiccup - 04/27/08 05:26 PM
I cleared the cache on the server side, so hopefully that will help. If it does not I may have to run the rebuild forum stats, which shouldn't take too long, but will disable the boards while it runs.

Give a few more tries and if I need to run that other tool I'll ask Elena or Labrat to run it in the morning their time, which may be about 5 AM EST.
Posted By: amciotola Re: Hiccup - 04/27/08 08:00 PM
We've figured out the PHP issue and it's been resolved.

There are still some issues with the contact us pages on all of the sites but they will be ironed out throughout the week.

You can contact us directly at mods or admins @ lcficmbs.com
Posted By: Rona V. Re: Hiccup - 04/27/08 09:31 PM
Annette, I thought you might want to be aware that the search feature is not working. (Or is this just me...?)
Posted By: LabRat Re: Hiccup - 04/28/08 05:12 AM
OMG! OMG! OMG! We're back! And a whole day early, too! Amazing, Annette - thank you!

Okay, group hug! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Oh, I missed you guys!

BTW, Rona, the search function is working fine for me. But this is several hours past your post, so perhaps Annette's fixed it meantime.

LabRat smile
Posted By: amciotola Re: Hiccup - 04/28/08 05:14 AM
Thanks for the heads up on that. I ran the tool to reset the search index. So that should be running fine again.

I would also suggest to everyone to clear your internet cache as you may be pulling pages that are cached from the old web server.

Let me know if there's any thing else. This might a week where we'll be doing periodic maint, which is normal after a switch to a new server.

Thanks for being patient.
Posted By: carolm Re: Hiccup - 04/28/08 08:20 AM
Annette - you rock smile .

Thank you for everything!

Carol
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards