Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Shadow Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/24/07 04:06 PM
Well, my last grandparent, my grandfather, is dying of kidney cancer, and it's been...tolerable, I guess, for a while, but there was finally a flurry of phone calls today that he's just not looking well. Since my mother finally called me and asked for my prayers, I thought I'd ask for yours as well. If I pull out Club Me for a minute, it would just be nice to see him for one last Christmas since I've spent almost every major holiday at his house. I don't even know what next year's going to be like not being in their house...

Peace,
JD
Posted By: LabRat Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/24/07 04:17 PM
I can't give you my prayers, Jen, but I will be thinking about you and your family and sending all good thoughts for you during this difficult time. I know that you'll find the strength and courage needed to get through.

{{{hugs}}}

LabRat
Posted By: ethnica Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/24/07 04:26 PM
JD,

I know that mere words cannot help, but I hope you can feel my empathy for your pain. I've added you and your family to my Prayer List.
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/24/07 05:58 PM
You have our prayers. I remember when my last grandparents died 17 years ago. My Grandpa died in May and Grandma died in August of that year. We visited them about 2 times a month (they lived only 20 minutes away). Grandpa told the most colorful jokes, much to the embarrasment of my Grandma. There wasn't anything that Grandma made that didn't taste good.

It was at their house that we had all our holidays. And the last holiday was the Christmas of the previous year. So, I understand.

You are in our prayers.

James
Posted By: Shadow Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/24/07 09:54 PM
Thanks a bunch guys. You can't imagine how much it helps me to get that stuff off my chest and just know that people will be thinking about us.

JD
You've got my thoughts, hon. I also come in Giant Teddy Dear form just for squishy hugs.
Posted By: Caroline Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/25/07 04:04 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, and you and your family will definitely be in my prayers.

*hugs*

C.
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/25/07 04:19 AM
You and your family will be in my prayers, Jen. May God comfort and strengthen you.

((((((((hugs))))))))

Andreia
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/25/07 05:48 AM
Great big hugs from up here in the cold.

(((JD)))
Posted By: Karen Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/25/07 06:36 AM
*hugs* My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Posted By: stephnachia Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/25/07 09:08 AM
I'm so sorry JD. I know what you're going through. <me gives big bear hug> My husband and I will be praying for you and your family. sloppy
Posted By: Sue S. Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/25/07 09:26 AM
Jen - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I wish you and your family peace and comfort. <<<hugs>>>
Posted By: TOC Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/25/07 09:32 AM
I'm sorry, Jen. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Ann
Sorry to hear that, Jen. ***hugs***

~AnnaBtG.
Posted By: alcyone Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/25/07 07:10 PM
frown I'm sorry to hear that Jenn. I wish you and your family peace and fortitude at this time.

alcyone
Posted By: Zoar3 Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/25/07 08:21 PM
Hug and peace and good wishes from me, too.

Mona
Posted By: Dave Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/27/07 05:59 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that. frown

I understand what you're going through, especially about missing the holidays with them. I hope that you won't have to.

You and your grandfather will both be in my thoughts. If you need to talk to someone, you know where to find me.
Posted By: Nan Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/28/07 06:47 PM
You'll have my prayers, Jen. I lost my sister in early December of 2005. We'd planned on going up to see her and then it was too late. I'd spent many a Christmas at her place and even when we couldn't be together we would always call on Christmas Day and talk.

I hope you and your family get to spend this Christmas with your grandfather.

Nan
My prayers are with you lady. *hug*
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: Can I ask for your prayers/thoughts? - 10/29/07 01:48 AM
You and your family will be in my prayers!!

Big Hug Camy
Your family will also be in my thoughts and prayers.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards